• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's 1994, and you have $550. What would you buy?

45 posts in this topic

Yeah I agree. Even though its no one's favorite kirby FF period, its still cool. Its the one I'd take as well

Not me - I'm really not a fan of those Giacoia-inked later Kirby FF issues (#93, 96, 97). I'd much have that bold twice-up Colan DD #21 half-splash and that cool Buckler DD #135 cover than that FF #97 page just because it's Kirby. 2c

It's nice to see the various takes people have had on my original post. When I look at pieces in old catalogs, I sometimes wonder what the pieces would go for today at auction on eBay, Heritage, or ComicLink.

The Kirby FF page strikes me at around a $10K (give or take a few thousand) page today.

Perhaps the Byrne X-Men would be around $10K as well, with the Power Man splash fetching around $6K?

Colan DD large art would be around $6K?

Heck Journey into Mystery...$6K?

Buckler DD cover...easy $65K right? Just kidding, but maybe $15K?

Any other thoughts? It gets hard for me sometimes to separate dealer sticker price from what would occur at auction, although the gulf can be huge, in either direction I suppose.

Thanks, Lee

Everybody's got a few bad decisions like that in their past. More fun to play the woulda coulda game than the WHY THE EFF DID I? game :)

although those bad decisions are real lessons learned.

Yep. In '94 I was buying ounces of Humboldt product with my discretionary income rather than OA (which I wasn't aware of back then).

At that rate I could'a easily bought a Kirby page or its equivalent every 2 or 3 months doh!

Man, what a collection I could have if my life choices had been different!

As to what I woulda bought; the Kirby page, or maybe the Colan DD and the Adams war page.