• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel and Fox team-up for 2 X-Men related TV shows.

10 posts in this topic

Woah. :o This is HUGE.

There's no way Marvel walked out empty handed - I guarantee there will be a rights exchanged involved here.

Isn't it incredibly coincidental that this comes hot off the heels of the announcement of the three new Marvel movies? hm

#rebootFF

Woah. :o This is HUGE.

There's no way Marvel walked out empty handed - I guarantee there will be a rights exchanged involved here.

Isn't it incredibly coincidental that this comes hot off the heels of the announcement of the three new Marvel movies? hm

#rebootFF

I'm thinking the same thing. But really I want to see the f4 villain's more then I want to see the f4 themselves. DOOOOOOOOM!

I find it interesting that neither of these are an X-Factor Investigations show. Most of the characters have fairly easy powers to show on a TV budget (except finding someone of Guido's stature) but even doing Wolfsbane's powers on a TV budget is possible for freaking Teen Wolf, so it can't be too far beyond Fox's budget.

But seriously... procedural show with X-characters. That's a recipe for success.

But the most interesting part of the story is that this came out of the TV division, which is still controlled by Ike. Considering the stories we've heard about Ike and his hatred of FOX, this is very very interesting. This might be Ike's power play with Disney to regain some control over the film division by showing he can play ball AND, if some rights came back to Marvel, get something in return.

I still have not seen more than a five episodes of Agents of Shield so I am probably not going to watch these shows anyway. What I am interested in is if the Devourer of Worlds will be brought to the big screen at the end of infinity Gauntlet Part II for Marvel's Phase 4.

AoS got to the point of being not awful around the mid-season point of Season 1, became "watchable" by the last half-dozen episodes of season 1, got OK for the first half of season 2, became pretty good by the mid-season point. And thus far, season 3 has been very very good TV.

Not Person of Interest or Sleepy Hollow Season 1 or Fringe good, but very very good. They managed to turn everyone that I wanted to throw off a bridge with their feet in concrete shoes for most of Season 1 into characters that I genuinely am curious about & care about to one degree or another.