• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I think I may have picked up my first double cover...

33 posts in this topic

...at least I think its my first. It wasn't until awhile back here on the boards that I realized they were common enough to be considered an entire niche in the hobby. So it may be that only now when I notice the 2nd cover do I actually make a note of it, who knows how many I may have just shrugged at and tossed into my long boxes.

Not that a double cover of Cap-n-Falcon 13 would ever be worth anything, especially when the interior cover somehow got ripped a bit before the book was assembled (back and front cover ripped at the same spot on the open edge but the inner pages are fine).

Do folks pick up new double covers often? Once a year? Ever?

I've only ever found one double cover on the shelves myself. It was a copy of Marvel Universe way back in the day. They are rare, but as you note common enough for them to be desirable by some people. I seem to be more lucky in picking up books that are cut on a big slant or something and I don't notice it till I get home.

Wow, I have actually never seen a double or triple cover in my life.

Do a search,

there was a post a while back where double covers and a few triple covers were posted.

...at least I think its my first. It wasn't until awhile back here on the boards that I realized they were common enough to be considered an entire niche in the hobby. So it may be that only now when I notice the 2nd cover do I actually make a note of it, who knows how many I may have just shrugged at and tossed into my long boxes.

Not that a double cover of Cap-n-Falcon 13 would ever be worth anything, especially when the interior cover somehow got ripped a bit before the book was assembled (back and front cover ripped at the same spot on the open edge but the inner pages are fine).

Do folks pick up new double covers often? Once a year? Ever?

I am a huge fan of double covers, but have never even once picked one off the shelf myself. Just bad luck I guess. For a period of time, I used to thumb through ALL the issues on the rack of my LCS to see if I could find any. I gave that up after several months as I never came across any at all.

As for how common they can be, I have seen up to 3 of the same comic book with double covers...in a span of less than a year. I would not be surprised at all if there are 10 or more double covers for any particular issue. I also would not be surprised if 90% or more books out in the market have at least 1 double cover. At any given time, there are anywhere between 20 - 50 double cover books on eBay at the same time.

I found a quad cover once in a collection I bought. (defenders 51) It just felt heavy to me and I was about to put it in my dollar box. But decided to open and behold 4 covers. Too bad it wasn't 35 cent variant.

I found a quad cover once in a collection I bought. (defenders 51) It just felt heavy to me and I was about to put it in my dollar box. But decided to open and behold 4 covers. Too bad it wasn't 35 cent variant.

893applaud-thumb.gif Very nice. Any thoughts of selling it?

Already come and gone. Put it on ebay about a year ago. Brought in $29 if I remember correctly. Not great, but this was like a 2.0 on the outside and gradually made it to 5.5/6.0 on the inner most cover.

Just had a real nice Star Wars #8 up for auction last week that made it past $20. I have a few others around, but I think they are spidey books and I'll probably keep them.

The best one I've found was Inhumans 12 35 cent variant. Should have slabbed that book for sure.

I'll PM you if I find more if you want?

893applaud-thumb.gif Very nice. Any thoughts of selling it?

Already come and gone. Put it on ebay about a year ago. Brought in $29 if I remember correctly. Not great, but this was like a 2.0 on the outside and gradually made it to 5.5/6.0 on the inner most cover.

Just had a real nice Star Wars #8 up for auction last week that made it past $20. I have a few others around, but I think they are spidey books and I'll probably keep them.

The best one I've found was Inhumans 12 35 cent variant. Should have slabbed that book for sure.

I'll PM you if I find more if you want?

If ever you, or anyone else, choose to part with ASM multiple cover books, I wouldn't mind adding a few to my collection. =)