• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Near six figure MTG art sales

619 posts in this topic

These auctions end tomorrow.   

Lich is currently the high lot among the MTG arts, and I would expect it will finish that way.  

Currently around $40k all-in for Lich, 36k or so for swamp, low 20s for phantom monster.

On 7/7/2023 at 2:09 PM, Bronty said:

Results:

Swamp:  75,000

Lich: 68,750

Phantom Monster: 42,500

Infernal Darkness:  approx 10,000

Ray of Command:  5,750

Are those good prices? Truly interested do not know that part of the art market.

On 7/7/2023 at 6:46 PM, Dirtcheap31 said:

Are those good prices? Truly interested do not know that part of the art market.

I think it’s hard to predict what they will do, so it’s a difficult question to answer, but relative to my expectations, Lich did about what I thought it would do, swamp went above my expectations, and phantom went at or slightly above my expectations .    So I think they were nice strong sales overall. 

On 12/1/2023 at 2:09 PM, cstojano said:

Early Magic art, heck, all Magic art. Is it a 1k or 100k? I don't know and I can never guess :)

that one is a pretty easy guess to be a big number.   It might be the best card art to have in all of MTG outside of the first 4 sets.

Edited by Bronty

On 12/1/2023 at 2:09 PM, cstojano said:

Early Magic art, heck, all Magic art. Is it a 1k or 100k? I don't know and I can never guess :)

I’m sure people who look at comic art without knowing comics feel the same way.    Heck I remember feeling that way when I was first exposed to comic OA and that was with the benefit of years and years of comic collecting in my back pocket.    It all starts to make sense pretty quick when you follow it more actively.