• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Comics posted by 9.8 love em or leave em

5 posts in this topic

Quick Question?

Dont you think the score associated with a comic should be higher if there is a pedigree attached. If both books are 9.8 white pages but one is a pedigree should that not garner a slightly higher score?

Just curious what folks think about that.

See more journals by 9.8 love em or leave em

Quick Question?

Dont you think the score associated with a comic should be higher if there is a pedigree attached. If both books are 9.8 white pages but one is a pedigree should that not garner a slightly higher score?

Just curious what folks think about that.

See more journals by 9.8 love em or leave em

This has come up before and we were told NO. I think it was more about the logistics and number of permutations of the slots. While I would like to see pedigrees get more points, I can appreciate the added complexity. CGC can't keep up with Registry requests as is. (shrug)

Like Brandon my sets would benefit but two 9.8 White paged comics are equal when they are the same exact issue . The collector who spied the sharp raw copy in a dealers box or online had it graded ,should not have lower points for an equally graded book. I've enjoyed finding such books and have some them equal my pedigrees.

I agree simpler is better when it comes to points. It's enough for me to see the pedigree distinction on the label...that right there sets it apart, points or no points, because of the story attached to the origin of that book.