• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bats 49... Why so tough to find?

23 posts in this topic

Trying to figure out why this seems like such a tough book. I mean there's Around 100 on the census... So obviously it's not "plentiful" but there's less batman 59s on the census than that and I seem to see those everywhere?

Everyone holding them?

Trying to figure out why this seems like such a tough book. I mean there's Around 100 on the census... So obviously it's not "plentiful" but there's less batman 59s on the census than that and I seem to see those everywhere?

Everyone holding them?

For some reason I have #48 and #50 but never had a copy of #59.

mm

Yeah it's baffling... Seems like I can find almost every batman issue but 49! lol typically is the case when I'm obsessing over a book! I see clink has a 4.5 and I know Greg Reece just sold an 8.5 but I can't even really find many heritage sales to speak of.

49 has the distinction of being a key and also being an extremely cool book as well. It's not going to be one of the first books to go when it comes time to sell. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

there are 2 on ebay right now, not counting a coverless copy...

Yeah I keep forgetting about that raw one from metropolis... Seems like it might be a rough 6.0 though and I've heard conflicting things about their grading?

I think Jeff (Detective27.com) had a real nice copy he tried to sell for quite a while (CGC8.5?). Some people may have thought the price was high until the saw a copy auction off on CLINK in the same grade but definitely low eye appeal go for ~$5k. I recommend visiting Jeff's website frequently. He puts up some nice books for sell. I bought my copy almost two decades ago from Jef Hinds off eBay. It was in my 1st submission to CGC in 1999/2000.

batman_49s.jpg

Yeah it's baffling... Seems like I can find almost every batman issue but 49! lol typically is the case when I'm obsessing over a book! I see clink has a 4.5 and I know Greg Reece just sold an 8.5 but I can't even really find many heritage sales to speak of.

I would say be patient, it comes up for sell at least a few times each year. I think comicconect even had a copy recently.

there are 2 on ebay right now, not counting a coverless copy...

Yeah I keep forgetting about that raw one from metropolis... Seems like it might be a rough 6.0 though and I've heard conflicting things about their grading?

Their grading can be real good, or it can be real bad...it depends on the book...

It's really too bad because it keeps a lot of people from buying from them. I've been very happy with some books from Metro, and disappointed in others. They are not my first choice for dealers...but they have a lot of stuff...

I think Jeff (Detective27.com) had a real nice copy he tried to sell for quite a while (CGC8.5?). Some people may have thought the price was high until the saw a copy auction off on CLINK in the same grade but definitely low eye appeal go for ~$5k. I recommend visiting Jeff's website frequently. He puts up some nice books for sell. I bought my copy almost two decades ago from Jef Hinds off eBay. It was in my 1st submission to CGC in 1999/2000.

batman_49s.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. :hi:

Batman #49 is a triple threat, first Mad-Hatter, first Vicki Vale, and a popular Joker cover. My 8.5 Cape Cod copy sold at ComicConnect last December for $4066...

batman49.jpg

batman_49s.jpg

Beautiful copy there man! Thanks for the heads up on Jeff also!.

This is the type of book where you bite the bullet and pull the trigger. It won't go for OPG and GPA high is just a starting point. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

batman_49s.jpg

Batman #49 is a triple threat, first Mad-Hatter, first Vicki Vale, and a popular Joker cover. My 8.5 Cape Cod copy sold at ComicConnect last December for $4066...

batman49.jpg

Wasn't the CLINK final hammer quite a bit higher than what you priced it at on the boards originally?

batman_49s.jpg

batman49.jpg

Wasn't the CLINK final hammer quite a bit higher than what you priced it at on the boards originally?

I first offered it on the boards for $2500. Then, in June of 2014, a copy sold in the same grade (but lesser page quality) for $5611. It's listed in GPA, so I believe it was CC rather than CL.

It took me many years to finally add a high grade Batman 49 to my Joker covers! After passing on the previous asking price, on what I thought was a strong asking price, I was glad that I had another chance to get my hands on the Cape Cod copy! After the very strong price that another CGC 8.5 copy got on Comicconnect, to my chagrin I had to pony up a lot more for the Cape Cod copy than I could have gotten it for earlier! EJR