• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did anyone else notice this Frank Frazetta Fake??

8 posts in this topic

I feel like I am becoming a watchdog these days,lol. This one got past me. A few weeks back someone posted on the comic l digest..wow did anyone see this Frazetta go so cheap. I looked at it and said wow that looks terrible. Bold blurry lines. I saw it had damage and figured it might be water damage hence the ink bleed and cheap price. Didnt pay any more attention to it and now I see the same piece...THE ORIGINAL REAL Frank Frazetta piece being auctioned off Dave's auction at profiles. And of course like all Frazetta's of this quality it looks beautiful now. Every like looks delicate and beautiful. Not bold and ugly. Here is a link to the auction on ebay of the fake..

Frazetta Fake

And search the catalog on profiles site to see the original. Its gorgeous. I just feel bad for the poor guy who spent over 4k for this terrible forgery.

thanks,

Matthew

yeah. you can tell the diffrences between the two. in certain area. like the cross hatching. on the left leg above the ankle. the marks on the breast under the arm pit.. if you don't have the original to compare it to. I can see someone getting taking on this. iam shocked the artist who did this did not notice himself. yeah kinda feel sorry for the buyer. hopefully. he can do a chargeback and get his funds back.

larry

Just so there is no confusion when I said can you tell the difference you have to click on my first post and look at the FAKE FRAZETTA on ebay link. Then compare it to the pic I posted in my second. The second post I made is not a side by side of the fake and real. That is the real as it is presented in the catalog. Once you see the fake in the first link there is NO MISTAKING. I think you got confused which is my fault for not realizing someone might think I did a side by side