• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did HA mislead you?

85 posts in this topic

When I see a title like this I think it's the beginning of a class action lawsuit.

When I see a title like this, I think, "show me on the doll where HA touched you."

lol

YES

And after reading this thread it seems it kinda REALLY IS like that

I keep seeing "HA! I mislead you."

But then I'm also seeing "The power of HA compels you! The power of HA compels you!".

I can understand using HA.COM for comic books. But OA is one of a kind AND the stuff keeps just going up and up and up and up. I would be reluctant to give Heritage 28% and than also have to declare taxes on gains too!!!!! That just seems like rape for an asset is just going up in value and you can not replace. I would rather sell privately if my OA was north of 100k. At 100k+ we are talking serious serious coin. Even if you get rid of the sellers premium, 20% buyers premium on a 100k+ piece is still rape. Imvho.

Assuming you have great connections in the OA world and believe that you're able to engineer the best price for yourself through those connections, then sure, a private sale is the way to go. Although I'm a big fan of Heritage, I've done some big comic sales as private deals where I was confident that I was getting as good a price as I would in an open auction.

However, you do realize that gains are taxable whether the sale is made on Heritage or privately, right?

When I see a title like this I think it's the beginning of a class action lawsuit.

When I see a title like this, I think, "show me on the doll where HA touched you."

lol

YES

And after reading this thread it seems it kinda REALLY IS like that

I keep seeing "HA! I mislead you."

But then I'm also seeing "The power of HA compels you! The power of HA compels you!".

HA! You wanna get in mah van? I gat cahmics.

I can understand using HA.COM for comic books. But OA is one of a kind AND the stuff keeps just going up and up and up and up. I would be reluctant to give Heritage 28% and than also have to declare taxes on gains too!!!!! That just seems like rape for an asset is just going up in value and you can not replace. I would rather sell privately if my OA was north of 100k. At 100k+ we are talking serious serious coin. Even if you get rid of the sellers premium, 20% buyers premium on a 100k+ piece is still rape. Imvho.

Assuming you have great connections in the OA world and believe that you're able to engineer the best price for yourself through those connections, then sure, a private sale is the way to go. Although I'm a big fan of Heritage, I've done some big comic sales as private deals where I was confident that I was getting as good a price as I would in an open auction.

However, you do realize that gains are taxable whether the sale is made on Heritage or privately, right?

of course I realize all gains are taxed.

My point is that HA is greedy and wants 1/3 from the top.

And US Government is greedy and wants 1/3 from the bottom.

Yet the collector took most of the risk.

It just seems like rape to me.

Its almost like the collector isnt allowed to make a healthy profit but if not for his comic or OA, Heritage and Uncle Sam would have nothing !