• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J Scott Campbell VS Greg Horn

9 posts in this topic

I've been seeing a lot of remarked books lately at cons and ebay with some hefty price tags to go along with them from Greg Horn and J Scott Campbell.

I'm looking for opinions on what and why they are so expensive and if you could have one remarked book from either artist who would you choose?

Without a doubt the best investment is in J. Scott Campbell, he holds the hot and most popular hand.

As for who to choose from as a fan or collector, their styles are different, so that's subjective.

The remarked renderings by Campbell tend to be really tight, Greg Horn's remarks are often with silver markers and less detailed.

I've seen Greg Horn's original art (not remarks, sketches or commissions) and his pencils are extremely detailed and he embellishes them for publication digitally. But his remarks are far different than his best work.

Where with J. Scott Campbell, his published original art is tight, his remarks aren't as detailed nor full figured, but are closer in quality to his better efforts, and for that reason, I'd say you are also getting more value from a Campbell piece.

Thanks for the reply!

So iv'e seen some Greg Horn remarks sell on ebay and at cons for upwards of 2000$

so my next question is what this board would put a value on for my campbell remarked books?

any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated!! Im hoping they would go for more than the Horn remarked books if Campbell is the more desired of the two.

0ptDYuG.jpg

J8CfdCi.jpg