• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why the '90s rocked...

94 posts in this topic

The last avengers story is literally my favorite marvel story ever. Most of my other favorites have been mentioned. Preacher, planetary, bone, midnight nation, rising stars, all the valiant stuff pre birthquake, hitman, starman, dawn, the waid/garney run of cap, the beginning of the smith quesada DD, JLA by morrison, The authority, wildcats, stormwatch, kingdom come, Mr majestic, Untold tales of Spider-man, Astro city, the uncanny run drawn by joe mad, Savage Dragon, The early evil ernie/lady death stuff...I could probably list 20 more now that I think about it. It was an awesome time for new comics. I was reading 30-40 books a month easy. These days I read 10 or less, and only really love maybe 5 books.

Guys, if you thought the 90's were cool. The 70's were 100x more awesome.

Loved them both equally from different points of view. From the eyes of a kid, the '70s heroes seemed bigger than life. The '90s, from an adult point of view, seemed more hounded. They were more diverse and worked perfect for a 24 to 33 year old. I'm glad to. Have experienced both. (thumbs u

All this dude does is post stuff like this. Useless. The 90s are by far my favorite decade for comics. Good thread idea!!
Bored today.....?

What orc hole have you crawled out of? :shrug:

Thanks ! I knew the Real Elijah Snow would be in this conversation at some point. :D

Guys, if you thought the 90's were cool. The 70's were 100x more awesome.

Loved them both equally from different points of view. From the eyes of a kid, the '70s heroes seemed bigger than life. The '90s, from an adult point of view, seemed more hounded. They were more diverse and worked perfect for a 24 to 33 year old. I'm glad to. Have experienced both. (thumbs u

I'm quite omnivorous and find quality material to read from all decades and Ages.

A little off beat for this crowd but

Uncle Scrooge 285-296 Life and Times Uncle Scrooge was really good

Heavy Metal magazine was really hitting its stride in the early 1990s. Waters of Deadmoon was excellent.

milkcheese8.jpg

Forgot about Milk and Cheese. (thumbs u

Another recommendation is Evan Dorkin's 'World's Funnest' one-shot.

(From 2000, but close enough.)