• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw Tales of Suspense/Iron Man Books - CLOSED

189 posts in this topic

Tales of Suspense #79, VG+ 4.5, $10

few BC leading edge tears; spine stress/wear; general edge wear

Lots going on in this issue...first appearance of the Cosmic Cube; beginning of a 3-part Iron Man vs. Sub-Mariner battle story

tos79_f.jpg

tos79_r.jpg

So, you would think that the 3-part Iron Man vs. Subby battle story (that began in TOS 79 and continued in TOS 80) would naturally conclude in TOS 81, right? Wrong! :makepoint:

It concludes in Tales to Astonish #82. I happen to have a TTA #82 somewhere in my "to be sold sometime" boxes. Let me go dig that baby out and put it in this thread, so that we can maintain storyline continuity. :insane:

Tales of Suspense #53, FN+ 6.5, $75

small diag. cb crease LRFC; light reading crease next to spine; general wear

Second appearance of the Black Widow

tos53_f.jpg

tos53_r.jpg

Forget my offer via PM, I"ll just take it. I would be mad at myself if I let this go over the weekend in order to save a few bucks and somebody else snagged it. This book looks great.

:takeit:

:applause:

I personally cracked this book out of an 8.5 slab and put it in a mylar - I'll go along with the 8.5 grade. One interesting thing...the book was not produced with a lower staple - there are no lower staple holes anywhere, etc. This wasn't noted on the CGC label, and apparently doesn't affect the grade (coincidentally, there was a recent discussion about this phenomenon HERE )

Tales to Astonish #82, VF+ 8.5, $50 SOLD to spideyfan68

3rd part of the three-part Iron Man vs. Subby battle from TOS 79 & 80

th_tta82_f.jpgth_tta82_r.jpg

The story from Tales to Astonish #82 picks back up here in Tales of Suspense #81...whew!

Tales of Suspense #81, FN+ 6.5, $15

mild tanning halos interior covers; reading stress next to spine; general cover edge wear

tos81_f.jpg

tos81_r.jpg

I personally cracked this book out of an 8.5 slab and put it in a mylar - I'll go along with the 8.5 grade. One interesting thing...the book was not produced with a lower staple - there are no lower staple holes anywhere, etc. This wasn't noted on the CGC label, and apparently doesn't affect the grade (coincidentally, there was a recent discussion about this phenomenon HERE )

Tales to Astonish #82, VF+ 8.5, $50 (comes with CGC label)

3rd part of the three-part Iron Man vs. Subby battle from TOS 79 & 80

tta82_f.jpg

tta82_r.jpg

:takeit: