• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALL STAR #8 at Auction

33 posts in this topic

Attended an auction today in Western MA...

ALL STAR #8 sold for $25,500.00

POCKET COMICS #2 sold for $250.00

SHADOW COMICS Vol 3 No 11 sold for $175.00

other lots went for between $25.00 and $45.00

mm

I'm on my iPhone but I did some digging and I found it. Looks like a really nice copy. Not sure if the 25.5k included the BP but whoever won it looks like they will have a ton of upside at that number.

That auction was definitely way under the radar.

Hi- what condition was the All Star 8? Raw or slabbed? Must be fun to see those books in an auction.

It was a raw copy that looked very good...tight cover and flat pages/

mm

I'm on my iPhone but I did some digging and I found it. Looks like a really nice copy. Not sure if the 25.5k included the BP but whoever won it looks like they will have a ton of upside at that number.

The 25.5K price did not include the BP.

mm

I saw that listing online. It wasn't in my neck of the woods though. Was that a 2nd part of another auction a few weeks ago?

Yes and there is still more in that group to be auctioned at a later date.

mm

The 25.5K price did not include the BP.

mm

BP was either 15% or 18% so either way still under 30k all in.

Great looking copy.

Looks like a $45K book at first glance.

The risk is always in restoration or perhaps a missing page.

Congrats to the buyer - I hope he was able to inspect the book prior to purchase, and get enough reassurance to feel his $25K was well spent.

whoever won it looks like they will have a ton of upside at that number.

I don't know. 30K would get you a 4.5/5.0, wouldn't it? I don't see this copy grading higher than that. hm

30k gets you a 3.0

Last 5.5 went for 49?

Great looking copy.

Looks like a $45K book at first glance.

The risk is always in restoration or perhaps a missing page.

Congrats to the buyer - I hope he was able to inspect the book prior to purchase, and get enough reassurance to feel his $25K was well spent.

The lady at the auction laid the book flat on the table and turned every page...

it was totally intact.

mm

I don't know. 30K would get you a 4.5/5.0, wouldn't it? I don't see this copy grading higher than that. hm

30k gets you a 3.0

Last 5.5 went for 49?

And that 5.5 would probably go for more now. It's clearly a "10k/point" book now.

30k gets you a 3.0

Last 5.5 went for 49?

And that 5.5 would probably go for more now. It's clearly a "10k/point" book now.

Most felt it was a weak 5.5. Went for 5.0 money ...would go for the same today imo

30k gets you a 3.0

Last 5.5 went for 49?

Rick, how would you grade the copy in question? With that defect on the right edge of the front cover, and the multiple tears(?) on the top of the back cover, the rusty staple, I don't see it getting a 5.5.