• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales from the trenches - Con report with pictures from my first small local Con

31 posts in this topic

I decided to alternate a slab row and a raw row to try to highlight most of the slabs I have right now. I put the experiment down as a failure since I have very few people look at the slabs and I did not sell a slab all day long.

Were there prices on the slabs?

Ranged from $500 for the Avengers 57 to $40 for the X-Men 4 and Walking Dead 20. I'd say the average price was about $125 or so.

I see the stickers on the raw books which I assume has prices on them.

I don't see price stickers on the slabs. Were there prices on the slabs?

He didn't, but I did and it was the same result. 1 Cool was the only person that bought a slab from me.

I decided to alternate a slab row and a raw row to try to highlight most of the slabs I have right now. I put the experiment down as a failure since I have very few people look at the slabs and I did not sell a slab all day long.

Ranged from $500 for the Avengers 57 to $40 for the X-Men 4 and Walking Dead 20. I'd say the average price was about $125 or so.

I put the price stickers on the backs of the slabs. I kind of like putting stickers on the front to prevent people from asking "how much for x or y" but since I only got a couple request for prices on the slabs it may not matter at these small shows.

He didn't, but I did and it was the same result. 1 Cool was the only person that bought a slab from me.

You get any more Harbinger 1s in let me know! I liked your booth and I think the 25% signs on the front of your boxes probably brought in a bunch of people. Feel free to post up any pictures you took.

You get any more Harbinger 1s in let me know! I liked your booth and I think the 25% signs on the front of your boxes probably brought in a bunch of people. Feel free to post up any pictures you took.

It's funny, I definitely saw the sale signs catch some people's eyes and made them take a look, but I would bet about half the people didn't even know until they wanted to cash out.

and clearing $800 after table costs, gas, etc. (but not after COGS) doesn't sound bad at all given that it sounds like you had all this stuff boxed and ready to go from other shows.