• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aquaman Is a Poor Man's Submariner ?

42 posts in this topic

Aquaman is one of my favs. Aquaman's name stinks, I will give you that, and perhaps he was DC's version of Sub-Mariner but so what... this happens all the time. I love Aquaman's powers-who woldn't want to communicate with fish? I thought the story line Peter David put together about 10 years ago was pretty good. I hated the whole lost his hand, Captain Hook stuff...

>>who woldn't want to communicate with fish? <<

Uh,...me.

And I didnt realize he was 'communcating' with them,..I always thought he was using some "Jedi Mind Trick" to FORCE them to do HIS will. Pretty cruel,..even if, they are only fish. Even fish have feelings.

You introduced yourself as Jason Justiniano right off the bat. Name rang a bell with me for a while, but I couldn't place from where. Then I remembered from my schooldays. We didn't know each other, but the name always sounded kinda funny. Alliterative or maybe assonative. English was never my strong point.

What red herringS (plural). Nom De Plumes are common. Samuel Clemens AKA Mark Twain, Stephen Kink AKA Richard Bachman, George Costanza AKA Art Vanderlet. And I think I do contribute,..if people wanna 'tune me out' they can,..if society can allow WOMEN,...WOMEN !!!! to have their voice within the socio-politico context accepted,...assuredly this board should have room for MY voice within the collecting dialectic !!!