• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do any of you use a loupe to pre-screen your books?

22 posts in this topic

Just curious about this since I'm thinking of submitting some stuff for the first time but don't have nearly enough to get the 50-book pre-screen minimum. It'll be great practice to try to do it myself, but thought about getting a jeweler's loupe to assist my aging eyes. :)

They make one that radio shack sells with three lens, you look through one for basic magnification, and then slide the second one over the first for more magnification, and then slide the third one over the other two for maximum magnification.

I like it better than the single lens models

That looks like the one Joey Post used when he was grading a book at Baltimore this year.

Usually I just wear reading glasses you can get at the drug store. Need them anyway now for reading. I usually use 1.5 but also have 2,25 for a closer view. I find them quite adequate for detecting resto and like just being able to wear them and angle the book at will.

I DO have this which beats out the loupes!

microscope1.jpg

That looks like the one Joey Post used when he was grading a book at Baltimore this year.

I was actually using a camera. It makes viewing easier and if you get the one that has the built in Wi-Fi it will broadcast to an iPad.

Here is the link to the site. It is a little pricey but worth it in the long run.

I was actually using a camera. It makes viewing easier and if you get the one that has the built in Wi-Fi it will broadcast to an iPad.

Here is the link to the site. It is a little pricey but worth it in the long run.

I saw it in action...there's nothing like it. Amazing how well that works.

Nice