• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Significant others VS. comic books

95 posts in this topic

It's funny that this thread came about now. My wife has created an account here in an effort to understand my "disease". insane.gif

Stay tuned.

So now we know who Destro is. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's funny that this thread came about now. My wife has created an account here in an effort to understand my "disease". insane.gif

Stay tuned.

I miss Destro already! screwy.gif

Most of the female patrons I have met at shows are "scouts". They are looking for something for their boyfriend or husband. The progression goes like this. First year, I'll look for you. 2nd year, I'll walk around with you. Third year, I'll hang out for an hour. 4th year, give me $$$, I'm going shopping.

Huh, my wife skipped the first three years and went directly to Year Four. confused-smiley-013.gif

Stay tuned.

I miss Destro already! screwy.gif

foreheadslap.gifboo.gif

My wife threatens to shred my books on a weekly basis, and I don't even look at them at home! She strongly believes they are a waste of time and money. Even when I decided to sell my X-men 1 (4.5) and let the proceeds go to "the good of the family", she took the money saying, "you sure you can't get anymore? Why don't you get rid of the rest of them!"

needless to say I do most of my trading at work.....

Ok, being that I've met you I'll take my wife over my comics. They are just that, comics. Grow up and learn what is important in life. You can always replace a comic.

You didn't understand the gist of what I was saying. It is not the actual physical comics themselves, but the importance that they have to you (us) which is the point. If a wife or girlfriend cannot respect the importance that they have to you, and tries to change you, to make you sell them, stop buying them, stop reading them, etc. then you have a problem with your spouse. Now I'm not saying you can be irresposible and buy comics instead of baby diapers or save for retirement, etc, but after all your obligations are taken care of, what you do with your extra money, whether she approves or not is another matter. ESPECIALLY if you had the same interests and habits before marriage. She knew what she was getting into. I know some things can change (kids, work, etc.) but that doesn't mean we've changed ourselves. I have a great marriage. Part of that is because my wife and I respect each other's interests, whether we think the other's interests are worthwhile ourselves or not.

What is important in life is to find a spouse that realizes how important the things in your life are to you, and supports that rather than try to change it. If you get harassed about these things now, it will be something else later. That's no way that I want to live my life.

If my wife made this statement to me I would respond with the warmly toned "What exactly of yours have you sold lately" that has contributed to this household? Followed up with "How many pairs of shoes do you own?

If you want to judge a woman's collecting habits change "comics" to "shoes"

and you have the equivalent obsession.

Take them out once, stuff them in a box and put in closet. Sounds a lot like comics to me.

I think you should also listen to guys that have been through a divorce or two.

All I can say is that if the woman in your life is making rumblings about your collecting now, it's just the tip of the biitch-iceburg and you are looking forward to a whole world of hurt up ahead.

If my wife made this statement to me I would respond with the warmly toned "What exactly of yours have you sold lately" that has contributed to this household?

My wife would respond," Did YOU give birth to our daughter, ravaging you body and health?!?!, Did YOU put your career on hold to take care of our child?!? etc. etc.... makepoint.gif

Stay tuned.

You're married to Destro!!! 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

acclaim.gif

Really though, my wife will be joining here on the boards soon. She has to know the lot I'm dealing with here 27_laughing.gif