• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I insure my comics at home?

39 posts in this topic

OH YEAH !!

In most states collectables are not covered by your homeowners policy,

and in my instance, we were completely flooded out in '89 and I lost

my run of Detectives #40 - #600 in total.

Most collectables rider policies will cost you out the wazoo

Do I need seperate insurance for my comics or will homeowners cover it? Anyone know the answer?

www.collectinsure.com is what most people here use because a standard homeowners policy usually has very limited collectibles coverage. Collectinsure.com is cost effective and they are great when it comes to processing claims. The insurance policy is written by The Hartford, so you are getting excellent coverage.

I recommend it. I also use Collectibles Insurance Agency (how can I not use the CIA!!!!). I have both a collectors and dealers policy. The collector's policy, in particular, is not very expensive and the company is very responsive to questions. If you want more details, just let me know.

Do I need seperate insurance for my comics or will homeowners cover it? Anyone know the answer?

www.collectinsure.com is what most people here use because a standard homeowners policy usually has very limited collectibles coverage. Collectinsure.com is cost effective and they are great when it comes to processing claims. The insurance policy is written by The Hartford, so you are getting excellent coverage.

FFB, I'm on their website, and looking at the "Collector Insurance Annual Cost Table." It states that the prices quoted are for "full burglary and theft coverage". What about fire, flood, items lost in mail, etc?

FFB, I'm on their website, and looking at the "Collector Insurance Annual Cost Table." It states that the prices quoted are for "full burglary and theft coverage". What about fire, flood, items lost in mail, etc?

You get full coverage for all of those. The "full burglary and theft coverage" means that you are paying the higher rate to avoid a limit on your burglary and theft coverage, since those tend to be the most common claims made. The others (fire, flood, etc.) are covered in full whether you pay the higher premium or the lower premium.

Read the FAQ

What about earthquake? Isn't earthquake excluded from everything in CA unless you choose to include for a much higher fee?

BTW, Jeff, sounds like you live in a pretty awesome location. Nice view of the ocean?

What about earthquake? Isn't earthquake excluded from everything in CA unless you choose to include for a much higher fee?

BTW, Jeff, sounds like you live in a pretty awesome location. Nice view of the ocean?

I don't know, Tim. It isn't listed as an exclusion, so I have to check. You are correct about homeowners policies excluding earthquake damage, but since this isn't a homeowners policy there may not be the same concerns. I will check and will get back to you.

Read that policy and quote VERY carefully....

Rising water, IE flood waters from torential downpours are not necessarilly

covered by conventional policies, and most flood policies are underwritten

by the US government, and VERY strict on enforcement and denial.

Yeah, looking out our front window we're two houses from the beach, looking out our back window we're two houses from the bay. It's a very narrow peninsula, but a very pretty spot!

Yeah, looking out our front window we're two houses from the beach, looking out our back window we're two houses from the bay. It's a very narrow peninsula, but a very pretty spot!

Do you ever eat at Bayside Restaurant? Nice wine list there. cloud9.gif The GM is the cousin of one of my best friends.

thumbsup2.gif Forum BBQ at Jeff's place!!!!!

I'll bring the beach ball! yay.gif I call him Tim. poke2.gif

Uh, okay, whatever you say.

I'm leaving quietly now, don't want to disturb you while you're on your meds. screwy.gif

I'm leaving quietly now, don't want to disturb you while you're on your meds. screwy.gif

27_laughing.gif

flowerred.gif

27_laughing.gif

flowerred.gif

devil.gifyay.gif

Now Jeff, about that beach BBQ. Newport Beach is just an hour north of San Diego, right? So with all the forumites gathered together for SD Con...

27_laughing.gif

flowerred.gif

devil.gifyay.gif

Now Jeff, about that beach BBQ. Newport Beach is just an hour north of San Diego, right? So with all the forumites gathered together for SD Con...

More like two hours if you're lucky and don't hit traffic (which you almost certainly will). It would be better to coordinate it with Wizard World LA. headbang.gif