• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recent X-men 42 CGC 9.4 Comiclink Auction???

11 posts in this topic

I keep saying, people are starting to appreciate a tightly graded old label and prices are starting to reflect it. It's a tough book and this example has great eye appeal. Having said that I think you need to look deeper into the sales data. The 495 sale you reference is from 2003. Not relevant.

I bought an 8.0 white pager from Heritage back in 2013 for around 51 bucks. I know a 9.4 is a whole different ballgame but 2755 is still crazy money to me 2c

I keep saying, people are starting to appreciate a tightly graded old label and prices are starting to reflect it. It's a tough book and this example has great eye appeal. Having said that I think you need to look deeper into the sales data. The 495 sale you reference is from 2003. Not relevant.

I purchased a copy in 2012 from a board member that was an older label for around $400.

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone saw the recent comiclink auction for a X-men 42 CGC 9.4? Book looks fantastic but the ending price was crazy, $2755, highest recorded sale of a non pedigree was $495. Maybe buyer thinks upgrade potential?

RAD9D07C2015929_152125.jpg

upgrade to what? 10.0? god bless the label chasers.