• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WORLD WAR Z 2 (6/9/17)

22 posts in this topic

'World War Z' Sequel Moves Forward After 'Jurassic World 2' Drama (Exclusive)

Paramount's World War Z sequel is back on track and moving forward with a new writer.

Dennis Kelly, the creator of the buzzy British show Utopia, has been enlisted for the latest draft of the Brad Pitt starrer. J.A. Bayona is squarely on board to direct, though rumors surfaced recently that his involvement was on thin ice after being eyed to direct the Jurassic World follow-up. Sources say there was little Bayona could do given that he has a holding deal for World War Z 2, but the Jurassic World 2 overtures helped light a flame under Paramount to keep Bayona happy and get a new -script in motion with the fanboy-friendly writer. Skydance Productions is co-producing and co-financing the film.

Kelly will pick up from an earlier draft penned by Steven Knight (Burnt).

Director Juan Antonio Bayona Exits Brad Pitt's WORLD WAR Z Sequel

n a shocking turn of events, Deadline is reporting that due to scheduling conflicts, director Juan Antonio Bayona (The Impossible) has exited Paramount Pictures' & Plan B Entertainment's upcoming World War Z sequel, which stars Academy Award-winner Brad Pitt and has a -script from Steven Knight (Pawn Sacrifice) & Dennis Kelly (Black Sea).

The studio released this statement to confirm his departure: “Bayona is no longer able to make World War Z 2 this year, and it is our ambition to do so. He is a wonderful director and we hope to work with him soon.”

:ohnoez:

An average movie that doesn't deserve a sequel anyway.
I thought WWZ at least had a plotline to enjoy. A medical mystery to solve, plus a 'mission impossible' course of action and act of heroism.

Good stuff, way beyond the typical kill-cry-survive gore wallowing monotony of typical zombie tales. Definitely worth a re-watch. (thumbs u

The first one was a decent movie (with exception to some pretty big blunders) which would have been much better, imo, with a different title. It was so far removed from the book it really is unrecognizable when compared.

I hope the sequel is able to, somehow, pull it more toward the book, but I doubt it.

I'll watch it anyway. Wth,

I someone ever decides to make a television series really based off the book, I think it could easily rival TWD.

Brad Pitt Wants David Fincher To Direct World War Z Sequel

The next World War Z movie is shooting for a big time director, and big time reunion between director and star, according to Variety. Brad Pitt, who has worked with David Fincher in Se7en, Fight Club, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, is pushing hard for the director to join the project. Pitt will both star in and produce the World War Z sequel, and Paramount and Skydance are looking to start shooting early next year.

The movie had originally signed director Juan Antonio Bayona, who left the film in January to work on a sequel to 2015's hit Jurassic World. While Paramount hasn't officially delayed the film's June 9, 2017 release date, with no director or official production schedule set it is highly likely this will change. World War Z 2 would cover new ground not seen in Max Brooks' original novel that was loosely adapted for the first.

I thought WWZ at least had a plotline to enjoy. A medical mystery to solve, plus a 'mission impossible' course of action and act of heroism.

Good stuff, way beyond the typical kill-cry-survive gore wallowing monotony of typical zombie tales. Definitely worth a re-watch. (thumbs u

the sight of them going over the wall in israel was worth the price of admission.

the sight of them going over the wall in israel was worth the price of admission.

That scene still gets me every time.

That scene still gets me every time.

A homage was paid in Despicable Me 2 even. (worship)

David Fincher Gives 'World War Z' Sequel Update

The sequel's director, David Fincher, recently confirmed that there is progress being made on the film, but that progress is happening slowly.

"World War Z? We’re trying. A lot of stones have been laid," Fincher told Little White Lies about how a big-budget blockbuster sequel compares to working with smaller studios. "We’re just deconstructing it right now against the mythology that exists to see where we can go."

Production on the original film, based on the Max Brooks novel of the same name, began in 2011 with a budget of $125 million. The film's finale was set to include a variety of firearms, which were confiscated by authorities in Budapest after the production failed to properly declare the props with the local government, delaying shooting until the following year.

In the spring of 2012, Damon Lindelof was tapped to re-write the film's third act, only to have to depart the project before writing an ending, which was then handled by Drew Goddard. The new ending utilized almost 40 minutes of new footage to make a more cohesive narrative.