• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why didn't this comic sell on e-bay?

38 posts in this topic

Had the comic in my "watch" section, and stared at it every day to follow the bidding action. So, I am sure no bids. Seems that the only reason it didn't sell is the signature. Thanks for the opinion guys.

You obviously haven't been back lately...

After the recent coprolite find in a nearby gully, they have renamed the village:

BUGAPOOVILLE

Damn you!!! I submitted and sold a CGC 9.6 Hulk 340 for a BIN of $50!! Damnit! mad.gif

Seriously, have you seen the latest National Geographic? They had a section on dinosaurs, fossilized footprints, and coprolites (did I spell that right?) It was pretty interesting.

Yep...you spelled it right.

And no.....I haven't seen the latest issue of National Geographic yet......but thanks for the heads up.....I'll check it out.

Some other National Geographic issues that are worth checking out are the May 1996 issue. Great 16 page article in there on Dinosaur eggs. I know the Magoverns that are pictured on page 103 of that issue. They even signed a copy and sent it to me. smile.gif

Also, the June 1999 issue of National Geographic has a cool 14 page article on Sue, the fossil Tyrannosaurus Rex. That actual fossil now resides in the Field Museum in Chicago, which I saw about a year and a half ago. Verrry Coooool. As it should be.....considering the fossil cost more than 8 million dollars. shocked.gif

And....if anyone has even a remote interest in dinosaurs and fossils.....then do youself a favor and buy ONE book on the subject. It's called "Hunting Dinosaurs" by Louie Psihoyos (with John Knoebber). I've got a hardback autographed copy of it as well grin.gif .......but it is available in softback as well.

This book is an incredible read for anyone. It's not laid out in a technical manner at all.....and is more or less told as a story of the Author and his friends trip around the world to gather the information for the book. Tons of color pictures, lots of humor, and thoughtful, well laid out, and easy to understand information. I really can't recommend the book highly enough. I've read a lot of books on the subject.....but this one is far more interesting for the general public that would like to know more about the subect of dinosaurs, their study, and the history behind it.

Didn't that National Geographic issue featuring that Afghan woman with the pretty, haunting eyes command a premium on eBay the month the periodical featured her again on the cover, but 15 years later ?

Wasn't that an Afghan HOUND on the cover with green contact lenses, eye-shadow, mascara, eye-liner, and a veil wrapped around its snout? shocked.gif Actually, I hate to admit this but I believe some innocent crooning, overheard in the Afghani marketplace by myself and the missus on our last excursion to the Unholy-land (several years ago) started all this unrest with the Talaban! mad.gif We were sauntering along singing "Day-o...Day-o, daylight come and me want to go home...Hey Mr. "Tallyban" tally me banana" (the old Harry Belafonte standard)...and they must have taken offense!!! Sorry! laugh.gif