• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Store display sign - Walt Disney comics digest

3 posts in this topic

Got this vintage sign I brought off eBay. I had in mind in creating a small table rack to put the sign on. However, I never have seen that sign before, so I don't know what the original rack looked like in 1968-1974 era. Do anyone here have a photo of how it looked back then?

I'm hoping to see the original look so I can copy making the rack. Here is the photo of the vintage sign. I think it's cool for my comic room. I believe the rack is like a double-digest wide, as the sign is 7 1/4 inches.

image.jpg1_zpsxalkfect.jpg

Very cool sign. I have or had many comic book, little golden book and and even a pulp stand. But, I have never seen this one. Maybe it was made for Canada buyers. It kind of looks like maybe a counter rack. Wish I could be of some help but I have come up empty on this one.

Robot man, it come from Oregon so it was for (likely) both U.S. and Canadian markets in its day. Yes, I think it is the counter rack type as far what I can see. The sides has overlap edges to roll over behind the wires.