• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duck Story ID Needed

28 posts in this topic

Could this story have appeared in an Uncle Scrooge issue? Or one of the Dell Giants?

It's possible that the story was in an Uncle Scrooge issue, but again, it was so long ago and I was so young that I don't know for sure.

I have only 2 lasting memories from my relatives' stack of comics: the Superman/mermaid story (which I later found out had to be Superman #129) and the ducks story with the treasure map with the X that led to the cliff over the ocean.

I appreciate all the input here and will continue to investigate.

Could this story have appeared in an Uncle Scrooge issue? Or one of the Dell Giants?

It's possible that the story was in an Uncle Scrooge issue, but again, it was so long ago and I was so young that I don't know for sure.

I have only 2 lasting memories from my relatives' stack of comics: the Superman/mermaid story (which I later found out had to be Superman #129) and the ducks story with the treasure map with the X that led to the cliff over the ocean.

I appreciate all the input here and will continue to investigate.

Maybe check duck books published around the month Superman 129 was published?

The mermaid Superman story is in #139...not 129...129 is the ghost of Lois lane cover and story... :taptaptap: but, I realize you guys are not SA people...

Sorry, you're wrong. The ghost story is on the cover, but the 1st Lori Lamaris story is the last story in the book. I bought a copy recently, and I'm looking at it right now. (Plus, OS has it correctly listed as "Intro/origin Lori Lamaris: Mermaid".

The mermaid Superman story is in #139...not 129...129 is the ghost of Lois lane cover and story... :taptaptap: but, I realize you guys are not SA people...

Sorry, you're wrong. The ghost story is on the cover, but the 1st Lori Lamaris story is the last story in the book. I bought a copy recently, and I'm looking at it right now. (Plus, OS has it correctly listed as "Intro/origin Lori Lamaris: Mermaid".

Well, I stand corrected, but I only looked at the covers... :cry: Oh, and I got my copy 40 years ago and haven't looked at it since... :D

Well, I stand corrected, but I only looked at the covers... :cry:

And I'm sure you've heard the phrase, "Don't judge a book by its cover."

Well, I stand corrected, but I only looked at the covers... :cry:

And I'm sure you've heard the phrase, "Don't judge a book by its cover."

Yep, and a hen in a bush is better than 2 eggs in a tree...