• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fun ways to pass the time waiting for slabs?

47 posts in this topic

Any suggestions? I submitted like 20 issues at NYCC, and did not have an account with CGC, so I have been informed there is no way to track them other than calling customer service. Give me fun things to do for the next 3 months!!!

Any suggestions? I submitted like 20 issues at NYCC, and did not have an account with CGC, so I have been informed there is no way to track them other than calling customer service. Give me fun things to do for the next 3 months!!!

practice Zen meditation because your 3 months will likely be 6.

practice Zen meditation because your 3 months will likely be 6.

This

Well, here is what I do while waiting for my first sub to return

1) Second guess every grade I thought I would receive on EVERY single submitted comic,

2) Realize that I soon will have to come to terms with the fact that I can't grade for $#@&,

3) Watch videos of unboxings of graded books on youtube,

4) realize my favorite part of said youtube videos is hearing the excitement turn to severe disappointment when an expected 9.8 comes back as an 8.0,

5) realizing that this may happen to me as a tear runs down my cheek,

6) spend time on this board,

7) buy too many comics on the "forum only selling area" of said board,

8) realize that I totally misunderstood the turn around times and have to tell wife the books I wanted to give out as gifts this Christmas may arrive in January,

9) have wife think I am a fool (nothing new here).

Hope that helps.

--oh and I almost forgot, prepare my next batch of books for submission to CGC.

Send a box a month so starting in six months you will get a box a month moving forward.

Send a book a day.

And get a book a day back done in mail? Your mailman will love you daily at your door! lol

yep

also make a daily dr appt and restaurant reservation then cancel them each day if you dont need em.

That way you'll never have to wait,.

It's almost deer hunting season.