• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, built my son a TARDIS

32 posts in this topic

That TARDIS is absolutely fantastic! Great carpentry :applause:

Any chance you could post a step by step guide with full instructions and measurements etc...? ;)

Is it bigger on the inside? ;)

I did see the vid. I just had to ask the question :grin:

Any chance you could post a step by step guide with full instructions and measurements etc...? ;)

Thanks man!

Honestly, as far as instructions, go to tardisbuilders.com. That's where I printed off some plans. It's your best bet.

Bigger on the inside is so passe. Smaller on the inside is where it's at! lol

Couple more pics as I finish up some details. Still have another trim and another coat of paint to do.

IMG_1860_zpsue55bspf.jpg

IMG_1861_zpsdmhoomg8.jpg

Thanks man!

Honestly, as far as instructions, go to tardisbuilders.com. That's where I printed off some plans. It's your best bet.

Bigger on the inside is so passe. Smaller on the inside is where it's at! lol

Couple more pics as I finish up some details. Still have another trim and another coat of paint to do.

IMG_1860_zpsue55bspf.jpg

IMG_1861_zpsdmhoomg8.jpg

It looks superb (thumbs u

Tardisbuilders.com... what a great site! Some guy has turned his office cubicle into a TARDIS. Not sure I'd get away with that... hm

pretty neat---

if you ever decide to make the inside bigger-- so to speak-- you could back one end of it to a larger storage shed (if storage is the main use for it) or something like that -- or perhaps just have it joined to a door of a big room.

That would be a cool way to have a Dr Who themed party-- this in the front for people to enter the party.

great job-- looks like it was a lot of fun to make.

Thanks guys, appreciate it! One note: Since the TARDIS is going to double as a shed for my pool stuff(ladder, filter, solar cover etc), while the right door opens accurately inward, the left opens outward. Both opening in would reduce the storage capacity by close to half, so having the left swing outward allows me to use almost all of the interior space.

Until I figure out the physics of 'bigger-on-the-inside', of course!

Here's some more pics of trim being added, caulked...

IMG_1865_zpsvarp3goq.jpg

IMG_1864_zpstk7z2yf4.jpg

IMG_1866_zpslst3ny0n.jpg

And painted. :) (Whole TARDIS got another coat)

IMG_1875_zpsrb1znoj8.jpg

IMG_1876_zpscb4tmrvd.jpg