• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bloodstrike

14 posts in this topic

lol!! I have -- I am in the process of inventorying a bulk buy from a comic book shop that closed in 2001. Stuff's been in storage - excellent condition, all bagged-and-boarded - but totally random order in the boxes. A pain, in a way, but fun in another -- I'm seeing stuff I never looked at back then.

Crazy, I got a pretty full run of Bloodstrike the same way this month. I guess this drek sits until you or I buy the whole shebang! Brigade, I have so much Brigade I cannot believe it. But like yours, it is all in excellent condition.

It hasn't happened yet, and it may never happen, but this drek from 1992-93 Image was sold direct and newsstand (with UPC on the cover), and those newsstands are pretty hard to locate... so, if there's every any value... it will probably be in the newsstands.

Agreed.

I don't know if it's any more rare or harder to find, but I'm more proud of my Supreme # 1 (non-foil newsstand) than I am of my several Supreme # 1 Golds.

It's pretty clear that the newsstand Image books are significantly harder to find than the direct editions. I would doubt if any newsstands were printed in lower quantities than the Image gold books... however, the Image newsstand books wouldn't necessarily have been treated all that well... particularly compared to Image gold books that got the bag/board/royal treatment when they were new.

If your Supreme #1 non-foil newsstand is in top shape, it definitely might be harder to find (in that shape) than a Supreme #1 Gold.

I really like Wildcats #2 newsstand white cover, without the deluxe prism-stuff on the direct edition. It's always a grab for me when I find them in $1 bins. Mainly because you don't have to pull the book all the way out to see that it's a newsstand. lol

Wildcats2_UPC.jpg

But getting back on topic, I'll admit that I've never seen a Bloodstrike #1 with the newsstand UPC. hm