• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,448 posts in this topic

Found this photo on the internet.

Thank you so much for finding and posting that. Now I get it - GK was simply reprinting the books, dropping the cover price and bundling them as some sort of marketing experiment.

I looked at the indicia on the book I have and there is no price - or subscription info for that matter.

Here's a good one! Thanks Jimbo!

vacationparadefront.jpg

This one is chocked full of good reading.

I really like that book. I've got one myself

vacationparade-1.jpg

You know what goes really good with one of those?...

One of these :baiting:

xmasparade1slab.jpg

Found this photo on the internet.

Thank you so much for finding and posting that. Now I get it - GK was simply reprinting the books, dropping the cover price and bundling them as some sort of marketing experiment.

I looked at the indicia on the book I have and there is no price - or subscription info for that matter.

Has anyone read a good history on Gold Key / Dell. The best stuff I have read so far have been on Evanier's blog, "News from Me," and several articles in TwoMorrows, "Back Issue," and "Alter Ego," fanzines. I understand there is a book about Golden Books that covers some of this history.

One of the most fascinating characters to read about is Helen Meyers (you will see her name all over the Dell comics in the fifties.) She apparently ran Dell like her own fiefdom and ended up bitterly dissapointed when the owner left the company to family rather than to her.

This in from Shiver. Indeed, well worth the wait. Thank you (worship)

Now I have to say :censored: all over again! Sometimes I hate being in the wrong time zone for the selling forum.

All jokes aside, great pickup and congratulations . :golfclap:

I got another shipment today (there'll be one more soon and then a long hiatus while the bank account catches up...)

First up is a FC 275 (Ancient Persia). These classic Barks Four Colors are really hitting the spot right now. (Totem Poles to come later.)

fc275.jpg

Then a couple of WDC&S with great Kelly covers. Odd staple placement on these ones - but it is a production fault, not a later addition. Luckily the wide offset on #99 is just outside the panel border in the first half of the book, so it remains completely readable.

wdcs94.jpg

wdcs99.jpg

I got another shipment today (there'll be one more soon and then a long hiatus while the bank account catches up...)

First up is a FC 275 (Ancient Persia). These classic Barks Four Colors are really hitting the spot right now. (Totem Poles to come later.)

fc275.jpg

FC 275 is one of my favorite duck stories. It is interesting in that you start to see Barks push to use more realistic faces for his characters but the story still has all the charm of his other tales. Some of the later effots where he did this like Danerous Disguise have a very different feel.

Enjoy!

:cloud9: Dangerous disguise - Priced correctly at a con: $5. Still talked the guy down to about $3.50 :grin:

Lucky I have that one, or I would be seriously jealous. I think I paid more than $3.50 though... Nice pickup. (thumbs u

:cloud9: Dangerous disguise - Priced correctly at a con: $5. Still talked the guy down to about $3.50 :grin:

Lucky I have that one, or I would be seriously jealous. I think I paid more than $3.50 though... Nice pickup. (thumbs u

Trust me, I am still scratching my head on this one. At first, I thought it was a non-Barks issue like 383 (?) but no, the pricing was all goofed up. Picked up a couple of books and got a group discount on them.

These beauties turned up today. This one was in a slab (emphasis 'was') - one of the 'other' companies. As a result it was slightly overgraded, but still nice.

fc263.jpg

This one was an upgrade (the old one is in the sales thread). 7 Cities... :cloud9:

scrooge7a.jpg

And this one completed my Barks Scrooge run. (Yay!) I paid VG price for it, but it looks nicer than that in hand. Group shot to follow. And, yes, I know it's trimmed, but I'll live with it for now.

scrooge6.jpg

And this one completed my Barks Scrooge run. (Yay!) I paid VG price for it, but it looks nicer than that in hand. Group shot to follow. And, yes, I know it's trimmed, but I'll live with it for now.

Finally gave up on finding one in F or better? Other than mine, I haven't seen one.