• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,453 posts in this topic

I can't compete with all of the beauties being posted but I'll go ahead and show a few recent purchases.

The Four Color #108 and Mickey Mouse Magazine Vol 3 No 2 came from ciorac. The Four Color #422 came from shiverbones. I know the Mickey Mouse Magazine Vol 3 No 2 isn't a duck book but I really like the cover. :)

fourcolor108.jpg

fourcolor422.jpg

mickeymousemagazinevol3.jpg

Thanks for all the kind comments. I've had these books for years but probably didn't really appreciate them until some friends visited and told me how nice they were. Rich

Visiting with friends and looking at awesome comics is :cloud9:

I can't compete with all of the beauties being posted but I'll go ahead and show a few recent purchases.

The Four Color #108 and Mickey Mouse Magazine Vol 3 No 2 came from ciorac. The Four Color #422 came from shiverbones. I know the Mickey Mouse Magazine Vol 3 No 2 isn't a duck book but I really like the cover. :)

fourcolor108.jpg

fourcolor422.jpg

mickeymousemagazinevol3.jpg

(thumbs u

I'm glad you are happy with them!

This one just arrived back from CGC. I love looking at that note, "Carl Barks written on first page in marker." :cloud9:

UncleScrooge40CGC90OWBarkssigned.jpg

(worship)

Did you have the book signed or buy it already inscribed? I am so envious - I almost met him once in 2000 and still punish myself over the incident.

This one just arrived back from CGC. I love looking at that note, "Carl Barks written on first page in marker." :cloud9:

Unfortunately, the guy who wrote it was named Schlomo Glickstein. :kidaround:

UncleScrooge40CGC90OWBarkssigned.jpg

(worship)

Did you have the book signed or buy it already inscribed? I am so envious - I almost met him once in 2000 and still punish myself over the incident.

I bought it from Heritage raw so I am relying on their assurance that it was signed by Carl and not Schlomo Glickstein :)

I also regret never meeting the master.

Just arrived today...

Glad you finally got a 9.6 copy of this book! :baiting:

In my experience this is one of the tougher later Gold Key Barks books to find in nice shape. I'm not a chaser of 9.x (though I do admire them) - I'd rather have have more 8.0s for the same $. But this one has been trouble. I recently got a 7.5 and thought I'd done well.

Just arrived today...

In my experience this is one of the tougher later Gold Key Barks books to find in nice shape. I'm not a chaser of 9.x (though I do admire them) - I'd rather have have more 8.0s for the same $. But this one has been trouble. I recently got a 7.5 and thought I'd done well.

Actually, my experience has been that it's one of the easier issues to find in uber-HG.

I was giving Steve a :baiting: because at one time he had discussed buying my Boston 9.6 copy.

In any event, it's a great copy of one of my favorite US stories.

Just arrived today...

Actually, my experience has been that it's one of the easier issues to find in uber-HG.

I was giving Steve a :baiting: because at one time he had discussed buying my Boston 9.6 copy.

In any event, it's a great copy of one of my favorite US stories.

That Boston 9.6 was a beauty but I could only afford to get five of your silver Scrooge 9.6s at the time :) I do have another nice copy of this book, the Carl Barks 9.4 estate copy.

UncleScrooge59CGC94OWWCB.jpg