• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,448 posts in this topic

Nice set Flash. :applause: Now that I'm back from vacation I'll work on some Pics of all ours together.

But for now just got these in finally made it to 50% in the 1-263 set. :headbang: Only need 55 more to have 100-263. :cloud9:

Not sure where the raw books fit in just yet.

:grin: (thumbs u

Andrew

86166.jpg.313de803b750a80ab7411d15227d3f33.jpg

86167.jpg.6b5fc40cb84140dacc17e7b61180e2e4.jpg

86168.jpg.d8d053198be9a850baca68129204a178.jpg

Are those things made out of plastic? I don't get having comics in those things. Doesn't that make them a major pain to take out and look at? Or do you not actually read them?

lol You must be new. lol:foryou:(no offense) I didn't know in the early days either. doh! Yep intombed in plastic never to be touched by human hands again;unless I set them free, all graded comics are. Can't open to read and reseal so no don't read them. I have a complete set of the Carl Barks Library for that. (thumbs u

Andrew

Well, I always see pictures like this, and I never understood it. Frankly, I still don't. I can't see buying a comic and not being able to touch it. I mean, sure it's nice to have a comic in good condition. I understand that. HOWEVER, you can't even flip through and look at the pages. Yes, the cover and back are always nice to look at. But you miss out on the entire inside of the book if you can't even open it. I bag and board mine so that they're protected. But never being able to open it or look at it!?! That seems beyond dumb. No offense to anyone that does it. But honestly.. don't you want to look inside the things?

Anyway, more bagged and boarded comics!

IMG_2356-1.jpg

Edited by 30sFlashGordon

We do it to have a certified independent grade. So that way we can spend huge sums of money for colored paper. :jokealert:

To each his own, I've got a large collection of ungraded books to. But when you sell the best way to get the most out of them is to have them graded. In turn when I buy, I buy graded and just don't bother to take them out. I've got the reprints and lesser grade copies to read.

Andrew

Well, I always see pictures like this, and I never understood it. Frankly, I still don't. I can't see buying a comic and not being able to touch it. I mean, sure it's nice to have a comic in good condition. I understand that. HOWEVER, you can't even flip through and look at the pages. Yes, the cover and back are always nice to look at. But you miss out on the entire inside of the book if you can't even open it. I bag and board mine so that they're protected. But never being able to open it or look at it!?! That seems beyond dumb. No offense to anyone that does it. But honestly.. don't you want to look inside the things?

I hope I don`t blow your mind or anything, but did you ever consider that some of us might have reading copies of our slabbed books?

Nice lot of ducks you have there 30sFG. Some of my favourite covers too. You just reminded me to get looking for a nice #142 - a low low grade copy was the first Dell comic I ever owned and it remains one of my favourite Barks covers.

This is a not especially interesting 1973 Australian reprint of a Dell FC issue that I just got from eBay.

What makes this comic special (for me - it's merely inflicted on you) is that it is one of my childhood collection - the stamp on the front is one my dad let me use and I marked most of my comics that way. It was the usual story, collection given away when I went off to university etc etc.

It was kind of cool to be reunited 30 years later! There was even a puzzle inside the back page I filled out. I got it right. :cool:

duckalbum.jpg

FYI for the HG collectors with deep pockets; Pedigree just listed some sweet US and DDFC books. :gossip:

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be checking it out right...... now.

Might have to look into the US 15, have all the others. hm

Andrew

Edited by MstrTech

This is a not especially interesting 1973 Australian reprint of a Dell FC issue that I just got from eBay.

What makes this comic special (for me - it's merely inflicted on you) is that it is one of my childhood collection - the stamp on the front is one my dad let me use and I marked most of my comics that way. It was the usual story, collection given away when I went off to university etc etc.

It was kind of cool to be reunited 30 years later! There was even a puzzle inside the back page I filled out. I got it right. :cool:

duckalbum.jpg

OK, that is beyond cool! I love that you got that back, the one that got away and came back home!!

I actually kept all of my comics (well most of them) so no reunification stories for me.

duckalbum.jpg

OK, that is beyond cool! I love that you got that back, the one that got away and came back home!!

I actually kept all of my comics (well most of them) so no reunification stories for me.

That's amazing, Andrew. :applause: It makes it such a special book.

It's comics with back-stories/provenance like this that make them priceless - to their original owners anyway.