• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,448 posts in this topic

I've got a fever...

and the only prescription is...

MORE FROZEN GOLD!

More news to come as they transpire.

:popcorn:

:whistle::popcorn:

That Frozen Gold fever is catching and I'm also in deep. Quite a story coming!!

C'mon guys - we're running out of popcorn here. Stop teasing. :sumo:

OK, I can start the story this way. A few Saturdays ago I was taking my usual walk before the kids get up and I was watching the bidding on the Heritage November Signature auction Four Color #62 on my Iphone. This is a book I had wanted to pick up for quite some time, and is only one of four Barks Duck Four Colors I need to finish out the run (9, 29, 62, 159.) I believe I bid the book up to $525. before commission. Time was running out and I thought about bidding again to $550. but did not. I continued my walk looking at the price a few times and it went up to $550. I did not realize that the next bid had to be $600. at that point, which made me feel really dumb for not bidding up to $550.

Anyway, I continued walking getting closer to home when the thought occured to me to e-mail Busted Flush and ask, "Are you bidding on Frozen Gold?"

(to be continued)

Much as I like getting the odd high-grade and/or big ticket book, sometimes it's the little buys that hit the spot. I got this one in today. Cost me less than $10 all up, and I really like it. This Barks cover is a gem. :cloud9:

wdcs177.jpg

4197798968_9eab6f9f8b_o.jpg

Picked up this one in a big stack of beat up comics. A little photo shop was done to repair a crease that was inflicted after purchase.

4197798920_1a9e81b63b_b.jpg

4197044933_81363deaf5_o.jpg

Like these too but story is incomplete in WDCS 38. They are Fun comics to read.

4197798968_9eab6f9f8b_o.jpg

Picked up this one in a big stack of beat up comics. A little photo shop was done to repair a crease that was inflicted after purchase.

Like these too but story is incomplete in WDCS 38. They are Fun comics to read.

Possibly my favorite WDCS cover, one of my favorite Walt Kelly covers. Great characterizations on the dwarfs and duck!

Yours looks like a copy in the the kind of condition I'll pick up some day.

Jack