• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,449 posts in this topic

Hi guys, it's been a while, but I've finally added another duck to the collection. Just picked this up in this week's Heritage auction. (This is Heritage's pic, but I I'm very happy and wanted to show it off. :banana: I'll post a group shot with other Dell giants when I physically get the book.)

At the start of the year I wrote out a top 10 books to go after. This is the sixth seventh I've picked up. (You can see the others in my sig.)

cp_1_small.jpg

Hi guys, it's been a while, but I've finally added another duck to the collection. Just picked this up in this week's Heritage auction. (This is Heritage's pic, but I I'm very happy and wanted to show it off. :banana: I'll post a group shot with other Dell giants when I physically get the book.)

At the start of the year I wrote out a top 10 books to go after. This is the sixth I've picked up. (You can see the others in my sig.)

cp_1_small.jpg

Great book, be sure to read it. My copy bought many years ago has a cardboard square pasted in the upper side binding colored red. Funny thing is I saw a copy at San Diego restored in exactly the same way in the same place!! Must be a weakness in the printing or binding.

Also, saw a great collection of Animal Comics in San Diego and picked up one of them. Will post somewhere later.

anyone here get any of the Duck books in the Heritage August auction?

No, but I wish I'd had the cash to bid on the WDC&S 46 9.4 - it went for about 25% less than last sale. War bonds cover. :cloud9:

No, but I wish I'd had the cash to bid on the WDC&S 46 9.4 - it went for about 25% less than last sale. War bonds cover. :cloud9:

...speaking of which, I'm posting one for sale in the forum marketplace. (Mine's not a 9.4...but then again I'm not asking $1314 either.) :grin:

No I missed out on both of the books I was bidding on. :sorry:

I missed out on the one book I was bidding on; Lost in the Andes 8.0 - Just as well really, I couldn't afford it anyway :sorry: Hopefully a cheaper mid-grade copy with nice eye-appeal will turn up :wishluck:

I missed out on the one book I was bidding on; Lost in the Andes 8.0 - Just as well really, I couldn't afford it anyway :sorry: Hopefully a cheaper mid-grade copy with nice eye-appeal will turn up :wishluck:

Patience works wonders with those Four Color books because there's a lot of them out there. I think I bid on and lost about a dozen, then I got a lovely 6.5 for $140 on ebay last year. Now I just have to find FC 189, 199 and 238 in the right combo of price and eye appeal...

(thumbs u I got a couple nice Uncle $crooge books. I'm having trouble with photobucket loading up scans but I will post them when I can.

Hi guys. It's been a while since I had something to show off here, but I think this is a pretty good way to come back.

But first credit to the boardie who got me looking for these. Many moons ago in this thread I recall that someone showed off a VP1. The ciorac said 'you know what goes well with one of them... one of these (CP1)'.

Well Bill, you were right. It took me a while to find the right quality/price combo on them both (and I lucked out on eBay with the VP - about 25% of guide). But they do go great together. Thanks for the tip. (thumbs u

giants.jpg

Hi guys. It's been a while since I had something to show off here, but I think this is a pretty good way to come back.

But first credit to the boardie who got me looking for these. Many moons ago in this thread I recall that someone showed off a VP1. The ciorac said 'you know what goes well with one of them... one of these (CP1)'.

Well Bill, you were right. It took me a while to find the right quality/price combo on them both (and I lucked out on eBay with the VP - about 25% of guide). But they do go great together. Thanks for the tip. (thumbs u

giants.jpg

Great set, Andrew. :applause: