• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,449 posts in this topic

Thanks for the info, tb! Thanks for all the nice comments everyone! Here's my favorite non-duck book from the haul because of the colors and overall beauty:

WDCS008.JPG

WDCSB008.JPG

Alas, I won't have time to send any to CGC... I need to sell them as soon as possible since I tapped into my new roof fund which needs to get done before winter and it's getting cold out... I'll open up a thread on the boards for a few days then move them to ebay. I will be keeping the cover to V.1 #5 though- I scored it fairly cheap.

lol

I do like a good "beak abuse and Halloween theme" cover.

That's in pretty good shape for a 63 year old funny book. Minor key, too - first Uncle Scrooge appearance in WDC&S.

:applause:

(thumbs u And a great story. Nice one!

I don't really see any subscription creases on those last few. Did they ship differently than I am thinking where they fold the book in half down the middle ?

I don't really see any subscription creases on those last few. Did they ship differently than I am thinking where they fold the book in half down the middle ?

oops.... you're not the "found in trunk" guy doh!

They do look fantastic, clean and fresh

oops.... you're not the "found in trunk" guy doh!

They do look fantastic, clean and fresh

Thanks - I'm very pleased with them.

But speaking of the 'found in a trunk guy', is the address on the sub copy of #8 the same as the boarded up house? It'd be cool to think they'd lived there for seventy years.

Yes, it's the same address on the books- where the auction was. That was very cool. The books lived there for approx 70 years, but the house was uninhabited by people for quite some time.

Hard telling what happened to #1... Darn it.

Maybe the owner got an offer he couldn't refuse for the #1 somewhere along the way. I remember always seeing it pictured in the OS price guides of the 80s... it was one of the big key books back then, more so than it is today. Still, great lot of ducks!

A funny thing happened on the way out of Long Beach Comic Con yesterday:

I picked up a long elusive missing Barks' Four Color, "Ghost of the Grotto." I don't know why this one has eluded me so long but it has. I have seen many copies over the years but none ever struck me just right. This one did, thanks to Fred A. Lessing for taking care of it. Only two left to go, 9 and 29.

116975.jpg.05a2f7112a901eb8f7137c33af5a96e5.jpg

A funny thing happened on the way out of Long Beach Comic Con yesterday:

I picked up a long elusive missing Barks' Four Color, "Ghost of the Grotto." I don't know why this one has eluded me so long but it has. I have seen many copies over the years but none ever struck me just right. This one did, thanks to Fred A. Lessing for taking care of it. Only two left to go, 9 and 29.

That's a nice book, Frank, really nice! I was at the convention with my wife and we stopped at Terry's booth. His prices are always too high for me so I didn't bother to take a look at his inventory. Congrats on your purchase!

SLR