• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
17 17

8,508 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2024 at 10:29 PM, Bigphatpaulie said:

in fact, being the TOP CGC I'd have expected even more... another one got sold in Spring on Ebay for around 3K, it was a 4.5. Nice book and rare, something to get when your WDCS is complete. 

On 9/13/2024 at 4:57 AM, DavideD said:

in fact, being the TOP CGC I'd have expected even more... another one got sold in Spring on Ebay for around 3K, it was a 4.5. Nice book and rare, something to get when your WDCS is complete. 

"...when your WDCS is complete!!" I guess we can all dream!! Ha Ha I've been at it for decades and don't think I'll ever complete that run!! Luckily, I am not OCD enough to even let that bother me!

On 9/14/2024 at 8:22 AM, Robot Man said:

I wouldn’t say I “collect” them but have been picking them up for over 50 years. Mostly, just purchases of “opportunity”. My cutoff is #100 although I have a lot past 100. My requirements are low. Just solid, complete copies. I still don’t have any single digit issues but still keeping my eyes peeled… Just like them for reading.

I already have 2 bound volumes with the Barks Duck Four Colors and Scrooge #1-40 in two volumes purchased years ago from one person. So I am as done as I need to be with those.

Along with ECs, probably the consistency best produced comics ever published. 

I'd have a lot more but I won't pick up anything below VG+ or so; makes it tough as these were read to death!

On 9/14/2024 at 1:29 AM, dickymoe74 said:

Sorry for posting the Mouse book but didn't see anything for Mickey Mouse in the CGC forms........

Mickey Mouse Book 1 Christmas/New Years edition - 1930 - Graded by PGX, due to CGC  not grading this book.  I wish CGC would grade this book, I would send and have them grade the book.

Mickey Mouse Book 1 1930 A.jpg

Mickey Mouse Book 1 1930 B.jpg

Mickey Mouse Book 1 C.jpg

Mickey Mouse Book 1 D.jpg

That's a nice book. I don't know too much about that book and haven't seen many in all the years going to show; in fact I can't think of ever seeing one in person. Are the covers a card stock? This is when I really miss Yellow Kid (Rich Olson) as he would have chimed in with the answers to theses questions.

On 9/12/2024 at 4:29 PM, Bigphatpaulie said:

How did I miss this??? 😭😭😭😭

On 9/15/2024 at 9:19 AM, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

That's a nice book. I don't know too much about that book and haven't seen many in all the years going to show; in fact I can't think of ever seeing one in person. Are the covers a card stock? This is when I really miss Yellow Kid (Rich Olson) as he would have chimed in with the answers to theses questions.

The Mickey Mouse Book 1 - First Edition, and Second thru Fourth Editions including the Christmas/New Years Edition all were heaver stock paper/cardboard like covers.  I will need to find the picture I have of the inside front cover, kinda cool.  I will find it and share...

Mickey Mouse Book 1 First Edition.jpg

Mickey Mouse Book 1 Second-Third Edtion.jpg

Mickey Mouse Book 1 Second Edition with Christmas-New Years added to inside 1st page.jpg