• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"ComicDarling" Advertisement in CBG *DELETED* *DELETED*

38 posts in this topic

It's a straight line: Dale Moore from C4K used to work for CGC.

OK...but what does that have to do with C4K? Is there anything in the ad that mentions them? Or are they dismissing a C4K employee for advertising their supposed dirt on CGC?

This whole thread doesn't make sense...

Jim

If any diligent forumite may be so kind as to furnish a scan of the CBG # 1602 (not the marvel book) advertisement that would be great, our copy is being used as criminal evidence in pending case against responsible party.

What page is it on? I don't see it in the classifieds... confused-smiley-013.gif

And hasn't this issue been out there for at least the last couple of weeks? I've had mine for at least that long and it's always a week or so later than US delivery. So you just started getting hundreds of e-mails about this recently and decided today was a good day to come on here and make a defense?

Jim

(the relationship of CgC to C4K is that I used to work there and am President of C4K - someone thought it would be a laugh to advertise that we were selling CgC company secrets - totally false, as we would not engage in such activity (confidentiality clause). comicdarling@aol.com is an additional direct email line to my office in addition to comics4kids@aol.com - it's like the Red Phone

So presumably it was a straight shot finding out who placed the advertisement by going directly to CBG, right?

I'm also curious as to what law they broke ...?

Ad in the classifed section of the April 2005 issue under "Miscellaneous, For Sale", reads....

CGC MEMORABILIA for sale, includes notes, employee handbook, grading scale in detail. E-mail for details and negotiation: comicdarling@aol.com

detector.jpg

I've been wracking my brain all afternoon trying to figure this one out, and here's what I've deduced from Dale's two messages (one of which has now been deleted for some reason):

• Some unnamed associate/employee of C4K placed an ad in CBG offering confidential CGC material for sale and listed Dale's email address (the "comicdarling" one) as the point of contact.

• Said unnamed associate/employee had access to the "comicdarling" email account, probably due to surreptitious means.

• Said unnamed associate/employee thus answered all inquiries generated from the CBG ad to the "comicdarling" account. What information, confidential or otherwise, this person provided is unknown.

• Said unnamed associate/employee was discovered, terminated, and is now being investigated and/or prosecuted for illegal access/use of the "comicdarling" account. If said unnamed associate/employee also gained surreptitious access to any of Dale's confidential CGC documents, he will presumably be charged with some sort of theft.

• Dale is on the hotseat, of course, because the email address and any documents that may have been disseminated were his. (Frankly, he's doing a pisspoor job of CYA here.)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above points. Again, this has been a helluva puzzle to try and piece together.

Alan

Connect the dots for me confused-smiley-013.gif

But who was/is "comicdarling" at C4K? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif And what "secrets" was he selling? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

CGC's best kept secrets:

1) Greggy hates short shorts, and gremlins.

2) Deathlok is Ian's biggest fan.

3) BOC is a polygamist and is actually married to all the babes he posts in the babe test.

4) Newt can't grade worth 893censored-thumb.gif.

5) Gman sends all his comic flipping profits to "Feed the Children".

6) MajorKhaos is really a nun.

7) Povertyrow is trading all his golden age books for modern 9.8 slabs.

8) Joe Collector is still sitting on his long box of NM/M Hulk 181s.

9) Ian is a closet Marvel zombie.

10) The Thing is really a thoughtful, quiet soul.

tonofbricks.gif

Connect the dots for me confused-smiley-013.gif

But who was/is "comicdarling" at C4K? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif And what "secrets" was he selling? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

CGC's best kept secrets:

1) Greggy hates short shorts, and gremlins.

2) Deathlok is Ian's biggest fan.

3) BOC is a polygamist and is actually married to all the babes he posts in the babe test.

4) Newt can't grade worth 893censored-thumb.gif.

5) Gman sends all his comic flipping profits to "Feed the Children".

6) MajorKhaos is really a nun.

7) Povertyrow is trading all his golden age books for modern 9.8 slabs.

8) Joe Collector is still sitting on his long box of NM/M Hulk 181s.

9) Ian is a closet Marvel zombie.

10) The Thing is really a thoughtful, quiet soul.

tonofbricks.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

I've been wracking my brain all afternoon trying to figure this one out, and here's what I've deduced from Dale's two messages (one of which has now been deleted for some reason):

• Some unnamed associate/employee of C4K placed an ad in CBG offering confidential CGC material for sale and listed Dale's email address (the "comicdarling" one) as the point of contact.

• Said unnamed associate/employee had access to the "comicdarling" email account, probably due to surreptitious means.

• Said unnamed associate/employee thus answered all inquiries generated from the CBG ad to the "comicdarling" account. What information, confidential or otherwise, this person provided is unknown.

• Said unnamed associate/employee was discovered, terminated, and is now being investigated and/or prosecuted for illegal access/use of the "comicdarling" account. If said unnamed associate/employee also gained surreptitious access to any of Dale's confidential CGC documents, he will presumably be charged with some sort of theft.

• Dale is on the hotseat, of course, because the email address and any documents that may have been disseminated were his. (Frankly, he's doing a pisspoor job of CYA here.)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above points. Again, this has been a helluva puzzle to try and piece together.

Alan

Personally, I didn't infer that the person who posted the ad was in control of the account or had actually disseminated anything. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Personally, I didn't infer that the person who posted the ad was in control of the account or had actually disseminated anything. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's really the only way I can think of that someone could have broken the law here. Plus, Dale mentioned something about "changing passwords" and the like, which seemed like a big tipoff that someone was using the "comicdarling" account surreptitiously.