• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first CGC submissions hit "Scheduled for Grading". I got wood.

30 posts in this topic

I was super excited after making my first CGC submission...

until the grades came back and all of those 9.8s and 9.9s I thought I had turned out to be anywhere from 9.0-9.6.

:(

It's a learning process. An expensive one, too. But oh so fun!!!

Welcome to the club and good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

What books did you submit?

Nothing super spectacular. Few Neal Adams Bats, Ms. Marvel, Dr. strange, and lots of my sentimental favorite (My dad collected GA Capt. Marvels in the 40's) Shazam 1's, 25's, and few 28s (praying for 9.8 on the 28s if not Ill be buying one very soon). Planning to give out the Shazam 1's as Christmas gifts to my collecting buddies (who think Shazam is a joke) which is why I submitted in the first place..... But now all I've been doing is going through boxes for my next submission. It's addictive....

So excited it is killing me. Oh, I also went to Home Depot this morning to pick up some plywood.

I get it... you're building a display cabinet for all those 9.8s you've got coming in (thumbs u

So excited it is killing me. Oh, I also went to Home Depot this morning to pick up some plywood.

Make it interesting....

List the books you subbed and what you think the grades will be...

Make it interesting....

List the books you subbed and what you think the grades will be...

This is a good idea.

My first submission wasn't to get 9.8's, it was to see how books graded because of defects.

It was an expensive lesson, but worthwhile.

Would have been better if I could have seen the graders faces while going through my junky submission filled with everything from mid grade to high grade common books. lol

:applause: I've had a few of mine graded more for my wife and kids for when I'm gone then anything else since I'm never going to sell any. lol