• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Regarding Store Stamps

8 posts in this topic

I love date stamps or written in arrival dates as long as they are not intrusive. But store stamps? A simple question. How does one know if a store stamp came from the original retailer or from a retailer who bought the books used and stamped them? In my mind there be a difference.

A simple answer is..

Do the date stamps jive with when the book was originally released?

Or was it stamped well after the book was known to hit the stands?

Or are dinosaurs really big?

Ze-

A simple answer is..

Ze-

They are really really big. But you misconstrue. The "store stamp" I am referring to is not a date stamp but a stamp that says something like "Big Al's New and Used Books".

A simple answer is..

Ze-

They are really really big. But you misconstrue. The "store stamp" I am referring to is not a date stamp but a stamp that says something like "Big Al's New and Used Books".

I said up front my answer was simple.

crazy.gif

Ze-

And is that the same Big Al who has a boat ride?

And is that the same Big Al who has a boat ride?

Wertham is going to rise from the grave and destroy comics all over again if we keep this part of the thread going....

This is not really an answer to your question, but all the store stamps I have ever seen (at least on GA books) appeared to be placed on the comics to identify a used magazine dealer.

This is not really an answer to your question, but all the store stamps I have ever seen (at least on GA books) appeared to be placed on the comics to identify a used magazine dealer.

Such have the "store stamps" (vs arrival date markings) I have seen. But frfom a recent thread it appears folks are talking about "date stamps" and "store stamps" as the same - I honestly feel they are not but... confused-smiley-013.gif

Such have the "store stamps" (vs arrival date markings) I have seen. But frfom a recent thread it appears folks are talking about "date stamps" and "store stamps" as the same - I honestly feel they are not but... confused-smiley-013.gif

No way. They are totally different. I look at date stamps as being part of the historical record. While store stamps, which can show/support the chain of ownership, do not necessarily do it for me.

Give me two identical books, one with an ugly date stamp, one with a nice store stamp, and I'd take the date stamp 80% of the time.