• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mutiple signatures...mutiple grading fee's?

14 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has been asked before but i had a question about muti sigs and costs?

Lets say you have a blank cover that you want to get signed by artists at multiple shows. Does the CGC witness keep the book and go show to show with it, at which point at the end it gets submitted for 1 grading price?

Or do you have to sub the book at the end of every show and pay the grading cost many times over?

It all depends. Some Facilitators will offer to take the book to different shows (if dates are close enough) depending on who/where/and what you want to get done,

It really all rides on willingness of the chosen facilitator. As it is a chore onto itself to get books signed at 1 con/event, yet carry the book(s) around to multiple ones.

If not, than yes, you'll have to get it graded over and over again. (if you desire to keep the yellow label)

my 2c

I don't know how many signatures you hope to get but keep in mind the maximum number of signatures now around 20. I had one that I was planning on getting around 40 on and was shot down. The space on the book is there but CGC says they can't get it on the label.

There are books out there with more signatures but no more will be done, apparently.

Yeah I dont expect to get that many but my concern is more with the grading cost itself.

If one witness can keep the book and avoid me having to pay the fee's everytime, it would be great.

Sounds like a project for next year

That may be because of me. I think this was the one where Mike told me this is it, no more. It's not so much the number of sigs on a book, but the number of characters that can fit. there are only so many you can fit on the front page. Although I don't see a problem with making the title characters a little smaller to fit one more name in, but maybe that's too much trouble.

As for multiple sigs it does depend on the facilitator, but try not to involve more than 1 facilitator on any 1 book. If a facilitator doesn't get a book to another facilitator on time it will cause a train wreck. Such as if you want multiple sigs where 2 facilitators have an event goin on around the same time.

<a  href=Heroes4Hope%2019.83rd%20sub.jpg' alt='He

Multi-Sig books have been around for a long time, and this issue has been around for years. The rule going back to Kevin and Joe P. has been based upon the number of characters that can reasonably fit on a label. It is usually 25-30 creators max.

If I were in charge of Sig Series I would charge $20 a sig beyond 5 (or maybe 10). This would not be punitive, as I love these jam books. It would merely be an attempt to recoup some of the extra costs that come from a crack and re-sub multiple times, of books like these.

The amount of time that it takes to process these bad boys is considerable.

Understood....my plan is to wait until there is one show where there are a ton of people I want anyways, therefore avoiding this all together but that'll be pure luck.

If I could only go back in time to the Baltimire CC guest list, Id be done in nearly 1 day

Understood....my plan is to wait until there is one show where there are a ton of people I want anyways, therefore avoiding this all together but that'll be pure luck.

If I could only go back in time to the Baltimire CC guest list, Id be done in nearly 1 day

To me, one of the greatest feelings in this hobby is when you get a book that is special signed by 2, 3, 4 or more creators at the same show. It instantaneously becomes something really special. I think about the Totleben/Veitch/Bissette/Yeats signings and the Wolfman/Tanghal/Perez signings and it is like "Wow, that was something."

To me, one of the greatest feelings in this hobby is when you get a book that is special signed by 2, 3, 4 or more creators at the same show. It instantaneously becomes something really special. I think about the Totleben/Veitch/Bissette/Yeats signings and the Wolfman/Tanghal/Perez signings and it is like "Wow, that was something."

See, my magic number is 3. I don't usually go for more than that because somebody is going to write on top of somebody else's signature.

See, my magic number is 3. I don't usually go for more than that because somebody is going to write on top of somebody else's signature.

I prefer 2-3, the max is four.

I like to get the creative team on a book or people closesly associated with the creation of the character.

I'm not a fan of CGCing a book just for one person. It make for a more expensive process if you have to open, sign and cgc a book plus it opens the potential of bringing the book down a grade.

I'm not a fan of the GET AS MANY SIGS AS POSSIBLE mentality. There needs to be a nice flow to the sig placement in relation to the art because it can look like a 1st grader went to town on it.

Someone on the boards was selling a 9.8 DAREDEVIL #1, Vol. #2 signed by Stan Lee, Kevin Smith, Joe Quesada and Jimmy Palmiotti which I would've bought but 2 or three of the signatures were in black ink signed in areas where you can hardly see the signature (since it's heavily inked in black to begin with at the bottom of the cover). It's like playing where's waldo. No thanks.

This took me a few submissions to complete without any signatures being ruined or detracting from the cover.

WP_20150202_019.jpg

I also got this piece done and had it signed in blue.

CA.jpg

Beauty is the eye of the beholder. Some don't mind a ton of sigs while others do. If you plan to resale, be thoughtful of placement. If not, enjoy your personal treasure.