• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eerrrr....mother box?

27 posts in this topic

I got one of these myself (currently using it as a paperweight on my desk at work) and also wondered if I'd missed some sort of redesign, maybe involving the New 52? My impression was that it was much flatter, as shown in OP's pics. Still, it's pretty neat, the lights and sounds are cool.

u98hy.jpg

I was in a comic shop the other day and got to play around with this prop replica

It's pretty neat... though not how I imagined it

u98jk.jpg

u98nf.jpg

this panel in particular always made me imagine it shaped like a walkman and not a cube

:gossip: Came in various sizes. Orion's and Mister Miracle's were handhelds. The Forever People had the larger model.

158987.jpg.183916ca08d1718b0b852931909e4143.jpg

158988.jpg.b44967361ebf770b14e41983dfe38644.jpg

158989.jpg.3a9164176508a5e9eeaf0b79335b6fd9.jpg

Does it Ping?

It actually does, along with two other sounds. There's a button on top, and when you press it once it starts with a strange ominous musical chord, second press is the "Ping", third press is a sort of "whooshing" noise I'm assuming is supposed to be a boom tube. It lights up too. It's a neat little piece of junk, the design just doesn't match any mother box I remember seeing. That could just be me though. You can charge it via USB.