• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happened to Tim Burton?

45 posts in this topic

Burton has somewhat fallen in love with the curveball. Everything of a fantasy nature has become too bloated and indulgent. I think he likely works better when he has some constraints to work with, which I assuming he did on Big Fish and Big Eyes. If anything, he needs more "no" men in his life.

Oddball and quirky are best in small doses.

I hate to see artist's work butchered, but I agree with this that a little bit goes along way. Granted, Batman Returns was visually spectacular, but I felt he always went out of his way to make the normal characters "freakish" as well and with that we had no characters, like original Vicky Vale to identify with in this enviroment.

Burton has somewhat fallen in love with the curveball. Everything of a fantasy nature has become too bloated and indulgent. I think he likely works better when he has some constraints to work with, which I assuming he did on Big Fish and Big Eyes. If anything, he needs more "no" men in his life.

Oddball and quirky are best in small doses.

I hate to see artist's work butchered, but I agree with this that a little bit goes along way. Granted, Batman Returns was visually spectacular, but I felt he always went out of his way to make the normal characters "freakish" as well and with that we had no characters, like original Vicky Vale to identify with in this enviroment.

That's because his first Batman was a studio picture through and through. Warners gave him quite a bit of leeway on the sequel, so it was much closer to a true Tim Burton film. I like both of his attempts at Batman, too bad he got axed from Batman Forever.

I grew up on movies like Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Batman/Batman Returns, etc. Most of his movies have been original, and enlightening, but with like Dark Shadows, and Alice in "Underland", he's taken a turn down garbage lane. Now there is talk of a Beetlejuice sequel, and of course the Dark Shadows writer is involved. :facepalm:

Mr Burton, If you're reading this, please stop the madness or find better writers, whichever comes first.

Tim Burton Confirms Beetlejuice 2 With Michael Keaton And Winona Ryder Returning

Tim Burton has confirmed that Beetljuice 2 is in development, and that both Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder are returning.

“The film is a go and has been approved by the Warner Bros. team,” Burton told ShowbizSpy. "We have talked with the cast members we wanted for the film and they are all on board, this includes both Winona and Michael. We have the -script in hand everything is in place all we need to do now is get ready to start filming.”

Beetlejuiced-Themed Restaurant Is Coming Soon To New York City

73dKDAs.png

You'll soon be able to get the full Beetlejuice experience in a new Tim Burton themed bar. Just make sure you call ahead, though.

According to iHorror.com, the new restaurant is the work of Zach Neil and Brian Link and is called Beetle House NYC. The restaurant/bar is delightfully themed after the works of Tim Burton, and aside from the Beetlejuice decor, the menu also sports numerous drinks that honor some of Burton's most iconic films.

Drinks like This is Halloween and The Chocolate Factory Martini sit aside a menu that "pleases your mouth with a fusion of American comfort, Latin Italian and European dishes." The new restaurant is set to open later this month.

Beetle House NYC site

beet1-1-180107.jpg

beet2-1-180108.jpg

beet3-1-180109.jpg

beet4-1-180110.jpg