• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

INVESTMENT COLLECTIBLES website with inventory...WOW!

27 posts in this topic

Im listening and Im adjusting where possible. Feedback is appreciated.

Whatever you do Steve, don't run a giveaway promotion with a copy of Hulk 181 as the prize. You'll be roasted on a spit. Just ask comicsupply.

Yeah, I looked at the books on this site and know better than to look again. Those prices are STUPID. insane.gif

Keep in mind those prices often reflect how hard it is to find some of those books. ie. Ian's Quest for #26

Maybe so, but seventeen and a half thousand dollars for a midgrade Archie #1? Tough or no, that seems a bit kookers to me.

Ignoring the price for a minute, that's tied for the second highest unrestored copy behind a 6.5.

893whatthe.gif

Highest Pep 22? 4.5...

893whatthe.gif

No, those books aren't tough.

893whatthe.gif

True....but I believe Metro had an Archie #1 CGC 4.0 last year for 6k.....an 11 thousand dollar jump seems a wee bit steep.

Discussions about the price are sliding off of me like water off of a duck... I'd just looked at the census recently and came away sufficiently bowled over that I thought I'd share.

Yeah, I looked at the books on this site and know better than to look again. Those prices are STUPID. insane.gif

Keep in mind those prices often reflect how hard it is to find some of those books. ie. Ian's Quest for #26

Maybe so, but seventeen and a half thousand dollars for a midgrade Archie #1? Tough or no, that seems a bit kookers to me.

Ignoring the price for a minute, that's tied for the second highest unrestored copy behind a 6.5.

893whatthe.gif

Highest Pep 22? 4.5...

893whatthe.gif

No, those books aren't tough.

893whatthe.gif

I certainly think the price on the Archie 1 is aggressive. That being said, VG/FN is starting to be the point where I can see someone thinking it's the best unrestored copy they're likely to see for a long time and pay accordingly. Most of the (raw) Archie 1s I've seen that are higher grade have some form of restoration, so...

The census numbers on Pep 22 always amaze me. Only 4 graded and the highest a restored 6.5 893whatthe.gif