• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

INVESTMENT COLLECTIBLES website with inventory...WOW!

27 posts in this topic

YES we do. Our website is currently being updated with inventory galore. From the highest CGC graded Detective Comics # 27 to the Rare error 1909 T206 Magee BB card.. One of only 3 known Isla Minnie Mouse with Felix toys from Spain to an awesome selection of GAI Graded sports and Non-sports wax and cello packs....Investment Collectibles has been buying and selling the finest CGC comics for many years now but our website was just neglected. NO MORE....Its up and we are adding new items daily. Check out all the sections for some unique items. There really is something in every genre of Pop Culture collecting.A great shopping cart direct to Paypal too. We are working out some minor kinks and dead links. Im only announcing it here first. Lets call it a soft opening. Once all is done and working perfectly, I will start a massive ad campaign promoting the site. Any suggestions or items you would like to see more of will be considered. Thanks for your responses in advance.

Steve Lauterbach

"THE SITE" sign-rantpost.gif

nice site...I would like to see a drop down with letters of the alphabet or specific titles for ease of navigation. 2nd other web sites will send out emails to past customers when they have items for want lists and I love that feature. I didn't see it on you site. nice stuff though good luck....I will keep checking for high grade batman gold and silver.

It's so rare that Metropolis just sold another 2.0 for $650.00. And we all know how fairly they price their books...

In his defense, the only #12 on GPA was a 1.0, which sold for over $700. (Which should make a 2.0 around $1000-$1500.)

It's so rare that Metropolis just sold another 2.0 for $650.00. And we all know how fairly they price their books...

I remember Metro had a #12 cgc 1.0 on their aite a few months back for around $650. That may be the one you are thinking of unless they had another.

Steve,

First of all good luck with the site. I think the design looks great and I hope that you do very well.

I'm only going to make one comment regarding pricing on some of the books... you have a Special Marvel Edition #15 CGC 9.2 -- and are asking $225.

I've seen 9.4s on ebay much, much lower. I have a CGC 9.4 with white pages and would be looking for $175, as I feel that's probably the going market rate. $225 for a 9.2 seems high.

Anyway, I always enjoy looking at your books and the ebay auctions you list, and will continue to check as the website continues to improve and add more inventory.

I don't get too bent out of shape over comics that are priced too high. I don't think of it as a disadvantage to the buyer, as much as to the seller. They're just pricing themselves out of a sale. You can't be in business too long if you don't sell anything.

don't get too bent out of shape over comics that are priced too high. I don't think of it as a disadvantage to the buyer, as much as to the seller. They're just pricing themselves out of a sale. You can't be in business too long if you don't sell anything.

The only problem with listing books well above market value, is eventually collectors don't even bother to look at a site. There's one thing to have very high prices on Key or Rare books, but once I start seeing it on the more common books, that's when I stop looking.

Now high prices on PedigreeComics and ComicLink don't bother me, because I realize it's a consignment book, and the next consignor might price their books to sell quickly. So I check those sites out several times a day.

YES we do. Our website is currently being updated with inventory galore. From the highest CGC graded Detective Comics # 27 to the Rare error 1909 T206 Magee BB card.. One of only 3 known Isla Minnie Mouse with Felix toys from Spain to an awesome selection of GAI Graded sports and Non-sports wax and cello packs....Investment Collectibles has been buying and selling the finest CGC comics for many years now but our website was just neglected. NO MORE....Its up and we are adding new items daily. Check out all the sections for some unique items. There really is something in every genre of Pop Culture collecting.A great shopping cart direct to Paypal too. We are working out some minor kinks and dead links. Im only announcing it here first. Lets call it a soft opening. Once all is done and working perfectly, I will start a massive ad campaign promoting the site. Any suggestions or items you would like to see more of will be considered. Thanks for your responses in advance.

Steve Lauterbach

"THE SITE" sign-rantpost.gif

HOLY [#@$%!!!] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I looked at the books on this site and know better than to look again. Those prices are STUPID. insane.gif

Keep in mind those prices often reflect how hard it is to find some of those books. ie. Ian's Quest for #26

Maybe so, but seventeen and a half thousand dollars for a midgrade Archie #1? Tough or no, that seems a bit kookers to me.