• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CREED (Rocky VII) starring Michael B. Jordan (11/25/15)

67 posts in this topic

Riveting,mesmerizing and spectacular.

Very emotional. It made me tear up many times.

I dare say this might be one of the best movies made of all-time.

Creed is why we go to the movies.

you need to get out more and stop watching ASM2 on a continuous loop

Kubrick, Hitchcock, Welles best efforts are nothing against Creed.

Remember that "Rocky" not only beat out Taxi Driver and Network to win Best Picture, but it also won best editing and director for Stallone. AND it's voted 4th best Inspiring Film of all time by AFI.

Haven't seen Creed, but it's on my list.

It's very inspiring. You feel and identify with these characters. All of them.

No cheap CGI special effects used to try to impress you.

Just a good solid heart breaking inspiring story.

Hopefully, this does good at the box office,so we can get future good movies made like this.

Honestly,most super hero movies-tv shows don't do it for me anymore. I lost interest in most of them for some reason. :o

Other than Netflix Daredevil,GOTG and Captain America: Winter Soldier it's been awhile that one stood out.

I am glad though they are still pulling in big world wide box office and new fans.

Me too.

For the past few Black Fridays, I'll buy all three seasons of Arrow, TWD Season 4-5, The Flash Season 1, etc and they still sit unopened in shrinkwrap. I actually watched AoU and went :P . I have a whole comic section in my movie library and aside from some recent Marvel efforts, the Nolan Batmen, DC animation and Reeve's Superman, I never watch any of them.

I've been more interested in ones like Lawrence of Arabia, The Bridge of the River Kwai or The Theory of Everything.

I think there's way too much over-hyping with these kinds of movies recently on here and abroad that were originally made in funnybooks as "cheap, disposable entertainment".

I'm probably not gonna be moved by Gal Gadot performance in Wonder Woman two years from now and most likely not going to want to revisit the film in 20 years even, like The Usual Suspects (for an example). Same with a lot of productions that need to be discovered and not "force fed" down our throats. My 2c

1. It was a good story. Even with all of the parallels to the original Rocky it was still a thrilling ride from start to finish.

2. Michael B Jordan is an amazing actor, and this highlights it (and reaffirms things we've seen in Fruitville, FNL and most other places). It also shows just how horribly the F4 movie, set and director must have been.

3. Ryan Coogler can direct like a son-of-a-gun. I dont remember shots this great in Fruitville, but I want to go back and watch it again. The long tracking shot (Raging Bull homage), the subtle decisions made to create depth. When Adonis is talking to Bianca and Ryan chooses to shoot from both perspectives, well it leads me to #4

4. A god-damn strong woman in a sports movie. A whole three dimensional person. Not a flat cardboard standup for our hero to fawn at. I think this one actually outshines the original (sorry Adrian!)

5. Great fight choreography. Was listening to an interview and they were really hitting on some of those punches 'cause there was no way to hide it and still get the shot that Coogler wanted.

6. Stallone. He's going to maybe get a Oscar nomination out of this, I dont think he'll win, but he'll likely get a nod. And I think he actually deserves it. He actually kept his acting reigned in and strong. It was like Copland Stallone.

7. A diverse cast. It was excellent to see the mix of people of all sorts of races and ages in the movie. It helped make it FEEL like Philly.

8. They nailed the training montage. And you have to nail the training montage.

Best sports movie of the 2000s? Trying to think of better... We are Marshall? Remember the Titans? Moneyball? I think I liked Creed better than all of them

Copland Stallone is pretty great. He's had a pretty great career.

Copland has to be one of the most underrated films ever.

'Cop Land' rocks! One of those Stallone performances where he deserved so much more credit for a great performance in a role that was meant to be a low-key character.

'Get Carter' is another one worth watching. Especially the final fight with Mickey Rourke.

'Krampus' Scores Strong Opening While 'Mockingjay' Takes First for Third Straight Week

Creed held strong as it finds itself in a neck-and-neck battle for third place with Pixar's The Good Dinosaur, which is really struggling to find a foothold, becoming only the second Pixar film to drop more than 60% in its second weekend.

Another win for the weekend is the Warner Bros. and MGM co-production Creed, which dropped just a bit more than my predicted 38%. With an estimated $15.5 million it currently sits in third place, edging out Pixar's The Good Dinosaur. The film has nearly doubled its reported $35 million budget as it has now crossed $65 million in its first twelve days and word is director Ryan Coogler is now in talks to direct Marvel's Black Panther, a gig he shied away from previously, but has now had a change of heart.

Even with some tough competition at the theaters, Creed did well for itself.

Domestic: $65,137,556 (93.0%)

Foreign: $4,900,000 ( 7.0%)

Worldwide: $70,037,556

:applause:

Saw it last nite, was good but not great IMO. I will disagree with Miracle on the directing. I found it to be almost a hindrance to the good story. The whole "still shot with 22-0-0" thing was horrible and

amateurish at best. Some parts were directed well, but overall it lacked in that dept. Perhaps I just didn't like his "style" if there even was one.

Speaking of Copland, I could have imagined that director, James Mangold, who is one of my very fav' directors, directing this film. Now that would have been brilliant.

Considering we all give our unsolicited opinions on everything on these boards, lol, I'll give this a B+. Enjoyable!

Btw, my fav sports film since 2000 is "The Wrestler", if you guys haven't seen it, please do so.

I loved Rocky Balboa -- Stallone made a triumph of a film nobody asked for.

But Creed is now on my list to see.

Not sure about Mangold directing Creed (or any Rocky film). On the one hand, I'm tempted to give him a lifetime pass for Girl, Interrupted & 3:10 to Yuma; on the other, I was _really_ disappointed by The Wolverine.

I had free advanced screen passes to see this a few weeks ago, but I had to go out with a vendor at work! argh! So angry I missed it. I may go see it this week. 3:10 Yuma from the post above is another underrated film that got snubbed at the Oscars.

pretty good movie, I enjoyed all the Rocky scenes..didn't like the singing scenes in the nightclub...they kind of overdid the scene with the motorcycles, bit silly really. Final fight scene was good also. Was the girl lisa bonet's daughter...looked just like her.

I was kind of hoping Rocky would get ticked off at someone and slug them.

Did they kill off Paulie in a previous movie? He's still alive, I thought he died in real life since they made a big deal about him being dead.

1. It was a good story. Even with all of the parallels to the original Rocky it was still a thrilling ride from start to finish.

Best sports movie of the 2000s? Trying to think of better... We are Marshall? Remember the Titans? Moneyball? I think I liked Creed better than all of them

Enjoyed Mcfarland, USA with Costner a lot more than this one. But still it's a Rocky Film so worth the price of admission.

I loved Rocky Balboa -- Stallone made a triumph of a film nobody asked for.

But Creed is now on my list to see.

Not sure about Mangold directing Creed (or any Rocky film). On the one hand, I'm tempted to give him a lifetime pass for Girl, Interrupted & 3:10 to Yuma; on the other, I was _really_ disappointed by The Wolverine.

Forgot he did Wolverine, ugh, but apparently his hands were tied throughout filming... kind of sounds like Joss Whedon's hands were tied by Marvel during AOU 2, but who knows except those on set.

Riveting,mesmerizing and spectacular.

Very emotional. It made me tear up many times.

I dare say this might be one of the best movies made of all-time.

Creed is why we go to the movies.

you need to get out more and stop watching ASM2 on a continuous loop

Kubrick, Hitchcock, Welles best efforts are nothing against Creed.

Remember that "Rocky" not only beat out Taxi Driver and Network to win Best Picture, but it also won best editing and director for Stallone. AND it's voted 4th best Inspiring Film of all time by AFI.

Haven't seen Creed, but it's on my list.

Do your homework. Rocky won the following categories Best Picture for Chartoff and Winkler, Best Director for John G Avildsen, and Best Editing for Richard Halsey and Scott Conrad. Your giving Stallone more credit than he deserves. Stallone walked away with no academy award. What Stallone does deserve credit for he is one of the few actors before the modern era in Academy Awards (increase in number of films allowed to be nominated for best picture) to have his original screenplay nominated for an academy award while at the same time he was nominated for best actor and the film was nominated for Best Picture. I don't have a full list of people who fit that category, but that is a feat as far as I know only accomplished by Charlie Chaplin, Orson Welles, Warren Beatty x 2, Woody Allen, Emma Thompson, and Sylvester Stallone. I'd be happy to be compared to any of these people.

No producer had confidence in Stallone's directing ability because he was a relative unknown. Listen to the commentary Stallone praises Avildsen quite a bit for not allowing him to make rookie mistakes. Trust me Stallone wanted to direct, but had to settle on the lead role only because Chartoff and Winkler said no other actor would know the character better than him.

I saw this today, and thought it was great. I got chills when

the Rocky theme kicked in when Adonis picks himself up after the knockout

Overall, it's probably the best film in the series since the original Rocky.

Bought the original Rocky tonight. I have never watched it. I have only watched Rocky V, which I thought was a two star movie. I grew up more with the Rambo movies and really couldn't stomach too much of Stallone (never watched any of The Expendables either) other than Tango & Cash or Copland. Gonna pop it in right now.

Bought the original Rocky tonight. I have never watched it. I have only watched Rocky V, which I thought was a two star movie. I grew up more with the Rambo movies and really couldn't stomach too much of Stallone (never watched any of The Expendables either) other than Tango & Cash or Copland. Gonna pop it in right now.
The original was such a touching movie. I can't believe I have dodged it for three-and-a-half decades now. This wasn't the movie I was expecting. I think the film feels less dated looking now (I have that problem with some old movies) and serves as a period film of that era. Four stars.