• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sub-Mariner fans rejoice!

7 posts in this topic

Pedigree Comics, Inc. Offers Oakland Run of Sub-Mariner #1-53 & Annual 1 This Weekend

Pedigree Comics, Inc. is offering one of their most anticipated pedigree runs to date. They are offering the CGC-certified run of Sub-Mariner issues from the Oakland pedigree. The majority of the run is certified 9.6 or better. Starting Friday night March 4, the 54 issues of Sub-Mariner ranging from #1-53 plus Annual #1 will be presented with 18 issues offered each night.

The overall condition of this run is phenomenal with 32 of the issues grading 9.6 and 8 comics grading 9.8. All are from the Oakland Collection with the exception of Sub-Mariner #8 9.6 that is from the Pacific Coast pedigree. Over half the books feature bone white pages with the remaining issues having off-white to white pages. The comics offered also feature the work of many comic book greats including Sal Buscema, Marie Severin and Gil Kane covers.

When mentioning the collection to Scoop Pedigree Comic's President Doug Schmell commented, " this is a great opportunity to start your own high grade, CGC certified Sub-Mariner collection or fill in the holes of an existing one. Good luck and Go Fish!"

Pedigree Comics, Inc. Offers Oakland Run of Sub-Mariner #1-53 & Annual 1 This Weekend

Pedigree Comics, Inc. is offering one of their most anticipated pedigree runs to date. They are offering the CGC-certified run of Sub-Mariner issues from the Oakland pedigree. The majority of the run is certified 9.6 or better. Starting Friday night March 4, the 54 issues of Sub-Mariner ranging from #1-53 plus Annual #1 will be presented with 18 issues offered each night.

" this is a great opportunity to start your own high grade, CGC certified Sub-Mariner collection or fill in the holes of an existing one. Good luck and Go Fish!"

The only problem with this offering is that the majority of the run has already been sold. This set of books was originally supposed to be sold back in December and the best copies have most likely already been scooped up.

At the request of many forum members, and prodding by me, Doug DID NOT Pre-Sell any books. After the first hour, NONE of the books had any bids, so I started bidding to get the action started (and heck, if he wanted to accept my price, that would have been great).

After seeing how beautiful these books were, I wish I had actually made him an offer for all the books (prior to listing).

After seeing how beautiful these books were, I wish I had actually made him an offer for all the books (prior to listing).

no wonder you never want to pay me what i'm asking for books that you're interested in, despite the complete reasonableness of my prices!?!?!?!?! poke2.gifgrin.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no wonder you never want to pay me what i'm asking for books that you're interested in, despite the complete reasonableness of my prices!?!?!?!?!

Harry:

Your prices are reasonable, and I hope that we can work out a package deal on those books that I want (once they are back in your hands).

That said, I just made a fairly sizeable purchase with Doug a litte over two weeks ago, and another package deal with a forum member. In both cases, I paid what I believed to be reasonable prices, but also obtained books that are rarely offered for sale in high grade.

Also, I LOVE to buy RUNS of books. That's why I make so many deals with Doug as I am able to get 5 to 35 books from the same title in one fell swoop. Even my most recent deal with a forum member included six books from the same title, that fit into gaps that I have.

Once again, I do believe we will be able to work out something on your books. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

no wonder you never want to pay me what i'm asking for books that you're interested in, despite the complete reasonableness of my prices!?!?!?!?! poke2.gifgrin.gif

Harry, I get the feeling this is a sentiment you share with lots of others!