• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7 posts in this topic

Did I really write that much?

700 is such a nice round number. I wish more of the comic books I collected would reach this number, but the way companies are these days I fear I'll have 700 number ones before having one 700 ever again.

I started writing journals when I realized I enjoyed collecting these slabs. My first journal was posted over six years ago. Since then I questioned CGC, thanked CGC, and even propositioned them for a job.

I had fun over the past six years writing these journals. I have met some great people and some of those became friends. This community is a great community and I thank you for all your support.

I don't know if tomorrow's journal will be 701 or another first journal. And when this month's 30 in 30 is over I'll re-read all the comments that many of you have posted and make my own comments. As for the photo below, on my Instagram page we were asked to show off our favorite or first silver age book.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

17065.jpeg

See more journals by Tnerb

I never understood the need to renumber comics, in fact it made me rather sad. Look at Action Comics, they stopped it at what 916ish? Why? Why not power through and hit 1,000. That would have been something to see.

I'm sure DC will try and change the numbering again when they get close to 1000 but that doesn't count IMO it isn't the same unbroken chain.

Much like when Marvel sent the FF, Avengers, and Captain America off to Image, that was the end of Vol.1 and Vol.2 began at that time with Image. Then when the brought them back a year later they started at number 1 again for Vol.3, then when they got close to the big numbers they changed the numbering.

Vol.3 went from issue number 1 to issue number 84, what should have been issue number 85 they numbered as issue number 500, I'm sorry that doesn't count.

I never understood the need to renumber comics, in fact it made me rather sad. Look at Action Comics, they stopped it at what 916ish? Why? Why not power through and hit 1,000. That would have been something to see.

I'm sure DC will try and change the numbering again when they get close to 1000 but that doesn't count IMO it isn't the same unbroken chain.

This!

Didn't DC do a similar change to make Detective Comics #900 recently?

700 is such a nice round number. I wish more of the comic books I collected would reach this number, but the way companies are these days I fear I'll have 700 number ones before having one 700 ever again.

I started writing journals when I realized I enjoyed collecting these slabs. My first journal was posted over six years ago. Since then I questioned CGC, thanked CGC, and even propositioned them for a job.

I had fun over the past six years writing these journals. I have met some great people and some of those became friends. This community is a great community and I thank you for all your support.

I don't know if tomorrow's journal will be 701 or another first journal. And when this month's 30 in 30 is over I'll re-read all the comments that many of you have posted and make my own comments. As for the photo below, on my Instagram page we were asked to show off our favorite or first silver age book.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

17065.jpeg

See more journals by Tnerb

Just think, if you had started one thread instead of 700 individual journal entries, you would have had them all in one easy to find location.

Thanks for all your writing Tnerb...most of it is worth reading. ;)

Don't you dare start over at number 1 though, I can't stand it! You know what's cool too is that you can find all your journals in one easy place called "My Journals". I like to look back and read some of the comments on mine too. Keep em comin my friend!

Just think, if you had started one thread instead of 700 individual journal entries, you would have had them all in one easy to find location.

Yes, it's great that you want to write about comics, but please think about setting up a single journal thread. Sometimes your posts take up a third of the front page. 2c