• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheap, yet cool, Golden Agers?

47 posts in this topic

Fight Comics # 4. Lou Fine cover. Grade G/VG. Price $ 99.00

fight4.jpg

popcorn.gif

These 5 books are all terrific -- and you can't get that much coolness from a single 9.4 SA/BA book. thumbsup2.gif

Adamstrange you are 100% correct (at least to me)!

The same money would get you a Spider-Man # (insert number here) 9.4,.......and that same book in VF 8.0 would run you around 1/10th that amount. and there's gobs & gobs of 'em! foreheadslap.gif

The same money would get you a Spider-Man # (insert number here) 9.4,.......and that same book in VF 8.0 would run you around 1/10th that amount. and there's gobs & gobs of 'em! foreheadslap.gif

You are treading on thin ice my friend. This board's bread and butter seems to be HG silver age superheros....and people here jump at the chance to vehemently defend their choice in books.

BTW: I totally agree with both of you. gossip.gif

Hey, and what about the B-Bar-B Riders?!? It's a Fine +, it's got The Ghost Rider & a bondage cover with severed-heads hanging on the wall !!! I know, I didn't post the scan, but it's a killer,......at 30% off. yay.gif

Anyone want to trade their lower-grade Golden Age for VF and above Silver/Bronze/Modern? PM me! popcorn.gifflowerred.gif

Hush up, fuel! I've been working this angle all year! 27_laughing.gif

But, NOT like I have !!! I'm "The King of the World" !!! acclaim.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

titanic2.jpg

You are treading on thin ice my friend. This board's bread and butter seems to be HG silver age superheros....and people here jump at the chance to vehemently defend their choice in books.

I collect high-grade books across several eras, so I do understand their appeal. At the same time, those are such well-chosen issues with great eye-appeal that I would still get a huge kick out of seeing them in person. As for the SA CGC HG exclusive collectors, well, those books would just be pearls before swine.

Hey, and what about the B-Bar-B Riders?!? It's a Fine +, it's got The Ghost Rider & a bondage cover with severed-heads hanging on the wall !!! I know, I didn't post the scan, but it's a killer,......at 30% off. yay.gif

Schomburg pencils and Ayers inks on the cover and killer Ayers art on the inside -- that issue rocks. Decapitation story and blood-crazed killers! thumbsup2.gif

I collect high-grade books across several eras, so I do understand their appeal. At the same time, those are such well-chosen issues with great eye-appeal that I would still get a huge kick out of seeing them in person. As for the SA CGC HG exclusive collectors, well, those books would just be pearls before swine.

Sshhhhh! We're hutting wabbits!

elmer004.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

Yup that's a great book for sure. This one is coming up Monday in the Month in the Life of the Comics thread for a heads up. Adam, would you care to be the guest columnist for that issue? You seem to have it pretty much down pat. I can scan anything you want from the book. LMK.

Schomburg pencils and Ayers inks on the cover and killer Ayers art on the inside -- that issue rocks. Decapitation story and blood-crazed killers! thumbsup2.gif

Yup that's a great book for sure. This one is coming up Monday in the Month in the Life of the Comics thread for a heads up. Adam, would you care to be the guest columnist for that issue? You seem to have it pretty much down pat. I can scan anything you want from the book. LMK.

I'd be happy to add commentary. Want to see what the Mile High copy looks like?

I hate you!,........yes, please,.....

I'll put it up Monday -- as long as it is okay with Scrooge.

Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

thumbsup2.gif It's fine with me, Adam. Are you kidding ... I'd love to see that one AND I love every contribution you've made to "my" thread AND I'd love to make Fuelman wait for it too devil.gif

Seriously, I had been wanting to do something like that for my collection but this has forced me to do it and allows me to share it with people + your contributing info, insights and TIME is well appreciated. Boy, do I know what you mean when it took 45 minutes for you to put together the Schaffenberger attribution!

Oh, on Monday, could you post the MH in the Month in the Life thread, thank you.

I'm happy to post. I just didn't want to step on toes. I highly respect and appreciate the effort you put into the thread. I think you've picked quite an interesting experiment in going for all comics in a month (and a cool month to boot), but I love even more all of the detail that you have in your posts. The website links to artist and your own comments are cogent and succinct. I hope you are saving everything for a book or blog where you can have even more control of the layout and content.