• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats up with this label

21 posts in this topic

Just looked it up on the census.

CGC labels Jungle Action 1-12 correctly and 13-24 has Jungle Action & Black Panther. (shrug)

Edited:

In the Overstreet

Jungle Action (...& Black Panther #18-21?)

I guess 13 could like like 18 if you are not wearing your glasses....

AT CGC, Quality Control clearly isn't job #1

what I am disliking the most with CGCs QC lately is the centering in their holders. With how much we pay for their service I think each book should be carefully placed in the center of its holder. With more and more silver age books especially I'm seeing them all the way to the right. I have no qualm with wanting to add the spine support but can't they place it so the book is centered?!! So many diagonal and right aligned books. Maybe it's a little OCD but it drives me nuts for some reason. Like a crooked picture on a wall or one badly centered within its frame :frustrated:

what I am disliking the most with CGCs QC lately is the centering in their holders. With how much we pay for their service I think each book should be carefully placed in the center of its holder. With more and more silver age books especially I'm seeing them all the way to the right. I have no qualm with wanting to add the spine support but can't they place it so the book is centered?!! So many diagonal and right aligned books. Maybe it's a little OCD but it drives me nuts for some reason. Like a crooked picture on a wall or one badly centered within its frame :frustrated:

How can this be accomplished ? The books will often shift during transit. It may leave CGC centered and arrive misaligned. The old labels were notorius for the shifting, often resulting in the infamous SCS problem. Wedges help but they are not always used..

Along the same lines, this came back in the same submission! How in the world is this not a 9.6 at least. Its better than 99% of the 9.4s I have ever had or seen. Sorry for the rant!

869491458_o.jpg

:takeit:

(Kinda hoping this is a sales thread).

How can this be accomplished ? The books will often shift during transit. It may leave CGC centered and arrive misaligned. The old labels were notorius for the shifting, often resulting in the infamous SCS problem. Wedges help but they are not always used..

I will post pics when I get a minute I have a great example of what I mean and it is QC for sure. I know all about SCS my friend but I do see what you are saying as well

So What's Up With This Thread? (shrug)

Was thread started because CGC messed up on a label that they didn't mess up on with the title?

If that's it I would have been confused also and initially thought it to be a mistake. If that is also the reason for thread it seems 2 of the top dealers in comics (Dale and Blazing Bob) were fooled also which shows no matter how long you do this comic stuff always something to learn.

Another post was made asking why the Two-Gun #103 wasn't a 9.6. I agree it looks 9.6 but on the other hand the Jungle Action & Black Panther 9.6 looks like a gift grade if that is a color breaking spine ding and soft right corner.