• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanksgiving: Comic Style

7 posts in this topic

What are you thankful for, when it comes to indulging your hobby?

I'm thankful for...

• The goodwill of boardies that participated in all the charity threads of 2015
  • The boardies who gave me confidence to overcome my skepticism and engage in trades (waddup, Rob!)
  • Artists, writers, and creators who are friendly, engaging, and still offering signatures at cons
  • People who organize and run cons
  • Dealers like Blazinbob at highgradecomics.com who will scan a $20 dollar book or consider my offers on books that are low value compared to the high roller books he deals in. He replies to emails promptly and is straight forward in his dealings. A+ dealer.
  • CGC for providing these boards and creating a system that caters to the obsession and needs of collectors (did you create a need or fill a need--still debating that one)

So who out there will drop their guard and add some thanks? Pretend you're not a cynic and let us know.

I'll echo a few of yours and add a couple of my own David!

• Separate finances from the wife, so I can indulge more than I probably should. :lol:

• Finding several people to be comic buddies with

• Learning SO much about comic collecting, restoration, and the intricacies involved in choosing the right books for the right reasons.

This forum is fantastic, and we're lucky to have it as a resource and a gathering place of sorts.