• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RHG's More Funs

56 posts in this topic

I love these books, especially the Spectre More Funs. Did Zaid sell his collection?

No, he still has it, but I think he's stopped actively collecting. It's too bad, he contributed a lot to the hobby.

I'll be slowly coming back :gossip:

:o hide the women and children!!!

Just the women ;)

How did the date with the nurse go in San Diego?

(thumbs u(thumbs u(thumbs u(thumbs u

Saw her again when I was in LA a couple weeks later. :gossip:

I love these books, especially the Spectre More Funs. Did Zaid sell his collection?

No, he still has it, but I think he's stopped actively collecting. It's too bad, he contributed a lot to the hobby.

:o hide the women and children!!!

Just the women ;)

How did the date with the nurse go in San Diego?

I heard she had "More Fun!"

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Knowledgeable and gracious, Mark has done much for the hobby, adding wisdom and

professionalism !

jb

Now you guys are making me blush. :blush:

Much appreciated gents! :cloud9:

#42, thanks to adamstrange:

Not Church though, right? Were there two? I have the Church CGC 9.6. It was the first MF Church I bought. Got it from Marnin.

Not a Church but very similar*

* except for the fact that it's not a double cover or NM+ or white pages or fresh off the press colors. :P

Welcome back :hi:

#42, thanks to adamstrange:

Not Church though, right? Were there two? I have the Church CGC 9.6. It was the first MF Church I bought. Got it from Marnin.

Not a Church but very similar*

* except for the fact that it's not a double cover or NM+ or white pages or fresh off the press colors. :P

Welcome back :hi:

:hi:

The More Fun run is history, I just love it - Peter, do you have a MF 14?

I don't have the #14, which is the issue that has the first of a 4-issue run of Siegel and Shuster's Dr. Occult wearing a Superman-like outfit. But I have the other 3 issues in that mini-run. The 16 is part of my Registry set; my copies of 15 and 17 are unslabbed:

159645.jpg.ec9c155f540b6d0fe13c8f27bd79df3c.jpg

159646.jpg.1e775ad11d501f5e9a34342f32b6b5e9.jpg

I don't have the #14, which is the issue that has the first of a 4-issue run of Siegel and Shuster's Dr. Occult wearing a Superman-like outfit. But I have the other 3 issues in that mini-run. The 16 is part of my Registry set; my copies of 15 and 17 are unslabbed:

The MF mini-run of 14-17 is something I need to re-focus on - I do have a mid-grade MF 14, and the CGC 9.0 MF 15 of course (along with the Church MF 18), so I still need the MF 16 and MF 17.

My top want is MF 8, to go along with my MF 7 - just never see that book!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your raws. :cloud9:

You have an amazing collection of very early books in outstanding condition. I haven't seen some of them in any condition. Great dedication!

Thanks YK. It was a great anthology until it moved from super heros to Dover and Clover and Genius Jones (although I like the Howie Post stories in the last 7 issues). Here's an unslabbed copy of one of the lame, but rarely seen, later issues.

159649.jpg.994429436dc64f9f9bdc94aa6c437b7e.jpg

tough size book and tough to obtain ..........mine I was just happy to obtain threw in variations of the early numbers for those who are interested.....

159656.jpg.d419f14d562d35fca6a73181b66068fc.jpg

159657.jpg.8f8a7648a2474f0e54f9f433c490d1d1.jpg

159658.jpg.05002ab1ab789ef7fe21c034a5742624.jpg

159659.jpg.b534c8c883d5450ca1c2b00d1c085bf5.jpg

tough size book and tough to obtain ..........mine I was just happy to obtain threw in variations of the early numbers for those who are interested.....

Thanks for sharing those rarely seen books Jon.

Those early issues are extremely fragile, with pages as thin as tissue paper. I'm not aware of any copies of 1-9 that exist in better than fine condition.