• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my first ever GA hero book -- Batman #52

51 posts in this topic

That is one seriously cool book (I was going with VF- as well on grade). So how did Batman end up on the ship? Have you read it yet?

No, I haven't had time. That's a lotta pages there! I'm used to the modern books that take 5 minutes to read. 27_laughing.gif

5? Do you read that slowly? yay.gifpoke2.gif

That is one seriously cool book (I was going with VF- as well on grade). So how did Batman end up on the ship? Have you read it yet?

No, I haven't had time. That's a lotta pages there! I'm used to the modern books that take 5 minutes to read. 27_laughing.gif

5? Do you read that slowly? yay.gifpoke2.gif

I read the ads too. tongue.gif

8.0 are you going to slab that puppy?

Yes. I'm going to use my CS coupon on this one and a couple of other new acquisitions. I'll let everyone know what it gets. If it gets an 8.0, I am going to be pumped! But my guess is 7.5 for the exact reasons that David suggested, unless I get lucky.

I wish I still had a scan of the front and back covers of a Batman 23 7.5 I had. It was the most overgraded POS. I got it from JPMint and I'm not one to jump on the insider grading band wagon but this book had at least a 1/4 tear on the FC, and at least 1/2 tear back cover. Not to mention other smaller defects. All of my GA 7.0's looked better than that book so your Bats better come back at least a 7.5 or I'd break the slab over someones head.

Yes. I'm going to use my CS coupon on this one and a couple of other new acquisitions. I'll let everyone know what it gets. If it gets an 8.0, I am going to be pumped! But my guess is 7.5 for the exact reasons that David suggested, unless I get lucky.

Just got the grade back. 7.5, as predicted! Top census copy! yay.gif

VF- is a great grade on a 55 year old book - congrats.... thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Congratulations! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Scoot,

Nice score! thumbsup2.gif

I'd join the 8.0 club but for that small piece missing from the LRFC . . .

7.5 sumo.gif O/W pages with notation "Light tanning at edges"

hi.gif

acclaim.gifthumbsup2.gifhi.gif

Nice job on the grade, but you blew it on the page quality and the graders' notes. 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

flowerred.gif

Scoot,

Nice score! thumbsup2.gif

I'd join the 8.0 club but for that small piece missing from the LRFC . . .

7.5 sumo.gif O/W pages with notation "Light tanning at edges"

hi.gif

acclaim.gifthumbsup2.gifhi.gif

Nice job on the grade, but you blew it on the page quality and the graders' notes. 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

flowerred.gif

Oh, I was just trying to be different from the rest of the gang! stooges.gif

gossip.gif and I was going by what the messenger told me confused-smiley-013.gif