• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Arizona Comic Con -- February 12-14, 2016

59 posts in this topic

2.5 months away, not a single guest or program announced....they must printing money at this thing for them to give this few effs.

seems to me like this lineup is pretty darn good.

http://www.amazingarizonacomiccon.com/newsite/special-guests/

I think that's the line up for the previous show in 2015, not 2016.

maybe they're hoping some people won't read carefully and just buy some tix without looking too closely. Herb Trimpe!

Jimmy Jay always delivers, sometimes at the last minute... but he always comes through (thumbs u

I have no doubt there will be some more guests, and probably some pretty good ones. BUT if I were a DEALER who likely ALREADY PAID to have a booth there, I might be a bit unhappy to check in TWO MONTHS before a show and see that it hasn't been updated from last year. It seems terribly unprofessional.

Maybe I'm a dealer that is considering going to another one of Jimmy's shows, and look at this website and see that 2 months out the owner's doesn't give an eff. I might be a bit offput about how unprofessional this appears. We live in an age where the website and facebook are the main forms of advertising....

If I was a potential attendee trying to make plans for me and my family to go, this would look terribly unprofessional. Without more info, I'm sure plenty of people will make plans to do other things.

Maybe it sells out every year and the dude is swimming cash either way. If so, good for him. But its a bad look, and appearances can mean something. It's business.

Boardies-

When has an Amazing Comic Con event ever been thin on guests?

This is a rhetorical question, but please know we are rolling out a top tier guest list to the our event February 12-13-14

Guests Announced:

*CHRIS CLAREMONT

*KEVIN EASTMAN

*GEORGE PEREZ

*MAT NASTOS

We will continue to add more new faces to Amazing Comic Cons, as well as some favorites that are the biggest names on the comic con circuit. Our guest list will be heavy for the signature crowd, with creators tied to biggest blockbuster movies and pop culture events of 2016.

Tickets are now onside:

http://www.amazingarizonacomiccon.com/newsite/registration/

Two months away, they're up to three guests. :banana:
4 :o

Revat- you have been to an Amazing Comic Con before, i assume, right?

When have we ever short changed the fans from the top comic creators on the planet? This year we will have a guest list that should rival ANY of the shows we have put on in the past if not surpassed. And if this event doesn't seem cool to you- then why troll the thread? I'm confident that we are putting together the best guest list in the Southwest, and one of the finest gatherings of top comic creators. Our creators will be the best from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and the 2000s. Our creators are responsible, or have direct ties to every blockbuster superhero flick of coming year and beyond.

Revat- you have been to an Amazing Comic Con before, i assume, right?

When have we ever short changed the fans from the top comic creators on the planet? This year we will have a guest list that should rival ANY of the shows we have put on in the past if not surpassed. And if this event doesn't seem cool to you- then why troll the thread? I'm confident that we are putting together the best guest list in the Southwest, and one of the finest gatherings of top comic creators. Our creators will be the best from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and the 2000s. Our creators are responsible, or have direct ties to every blockbuster superhero flick of coming year and beyond.

I've seen the guest lists, and been to a different 'Amazing' con. There have been plenty of attendees, plenty of great dealers, plenty of great guests. I have no doubt you enjoy what you do, and make decent money doing so. Which is great.

It just seems that in the current world, its seems like a bad look for your website to show LAST YEAR'S stuff when you're less than 3 months from a show. I know that if I personally was a prospective (1st time) dealer, guest, or attendee, I'd have questions about professionalism. Same with having 4 guests announced less than two months out. I know I like sigs, but I need some amount of time to decide if the show is worth it, and THEN to go about getting the books. So the more time I have the easier this is for me. And if not, then maybe I'll make other plans, no big deal.

I think these sentiments are reasonable, BUT I also understand that if you already have connections to great guests and a sold out show (congrats!), there's very little incentive to cater to the guest, dealer, or customer on the fence about going.

Rev-I think we're going to agree to disagree.

or perhaps let me state it like this-I'm honestly sorry if i offended you without more site updates longer out. This is constructive criticism, which i hope to correct with our 2016 events in Hawaii, Las Vegas, Houston, OKC, etc.

For the Arizona Website-

we will be ramping up the guest announcements and general content. Things like FAQ, Programming, Local Spotlights. I agree with you in that this is most valuable for the prospective customer.

As for advertising, websites and social media are very important. We also like TV, Radio, and Print. The more news, the better. Last year we had great coverage with In Studio appearances, NBC TV remote the week of the show, numerous News/morning shows, weekend coverage. We had a partnership with the Phoenix Suns. We had a ticket exchange with on air radio. All of these were great sources and resources. We hope we can get even more this 2016.

In the mean time, as someone who has enjoyed previous Amazing Comic Cons, have some faith- more great names will be announced soon.

thanks!