• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Arizona Comic Con -- February 12-14, 2016

59 posts in this topic

I think i spoke too soon-

we have some more names to be announced to our line-up:

*KYLE HIGGINS

writer best known for launching the DC52 with NIGHTWING, and then BATMAN BEYOND, and his creator owned THE COWL from Image Comics.

Currently writing POWER RANGERS from BOOM Studios.

We will also be hosting several Power Rangers actors as well.

(and more names to be added soon as well)

Just wanted to announce another bonus we have at 2016 AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON on FRIDAY FEBRUARY 12-

We are bringing back FORCE FRIDAYS-

*FREE* Star Wars Sketches for fans on the 1st Day of the con.

This isn't a raffle, this isn't a lottery-

Just buy a ticket and visit one of our scheduled Sponsored Artists from the Artist Alley.

http://www.amazingarizonacomiccon.com/newsite/2016/01/force-friday-arrives-in-arizona-free-star-wars-sketches-on-1st-day-of-amazing-comic-con/

Putting together promotions like this is a way of saying THANK YOU for the attendees. Great creators, fun panels, and FREE artwork- this should be a great combination for the comic fans out there.

(and yes, you can bring blank covers to get your Star Wars Sketches- great for CGC too!)

I am hoping to attend again this year. Jimmy, have you had any luck wooing any of the art dealers to set up at your con? Also being a old timer I love to see some more various artists from the GA, SA, BA attend. I realize you have to work with their schedules and it not as easy as it sounds.

Thanks for putting on some very good shows.

For those of you considering attending the Amazing Arizona Comicon this year, here is some of what I will be bringing to the show (shameless plug to get you off the fence):

Ed Robertson Comics will have three full booths jammed full of 110+ long boxes of $1, 2, 5, 10, priced and half off books. I will also have a ton of Marvel and DC keys- my best group of books by far. Please stop by and check them out.

Here is a list of 30 books that I just received back from CGC this week:

Crisis on Infinite Earths 1- 9.8;

DC Comics Presents 26- 9.2;

Transmetropolitan 1- 9.8;

Eternals (1976) 1- 9.6;

Logan's Run 6 (Thanos)- 9.4;

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars 8- 9.6;

New Mutants 87- 9.4;

New Mutants 98- 9.6; 9.8;

NYX 3- 9.6;

Savage She-Hulk 1- 9.4, 9.6, 9.6;

Transformers 1- 9.4;

Web of Spider-man 1- 9.8;

X-Factor 5- 9.8;

X-Factor 6- 9.8;

X-Factor 24- 9.8;

Uncanny X-men- 101-8.0; 104-9.8; 116-9.4; 118-9.6; 122-9.8; 129-8.5; 129-9.4; 130-9.6; 133-9.4; 135-9.8; 221-9.6; 266-9.6

I also have FF1, ASM1, DD1, Avengers1, X-men1-3 copies; SS1-9.4, GSX1, Hulk 1 & 181 and many of key issues.

Plus lots of hot books like NM 98, Annual 2, Marvel Premiere 1, 15, 47, 48, Warlock 1 FF 67, Teen Titans 44, JLA 183-185, Jimmy Olsen 134 & 135, Harley Quinn 1-30 plus an almost complete run 1-38, large run of Deadpool first series and other series as well, and many other similar books.

Also, don't forget that I am always buying comics. If you want to sell before the show, please call me.

Ed Robertson- 602-741-9097

Ed always has an impressive set-up at the convention. Sounds like there's a nice bunch of new stock here, which makes it always nice.

With Guests such as Liefeld, Claremont, Perez-

there should be a great opportunity to get your key Copper.bronze/modern books signed, and CGC'd.

As for a selection of vintage comics-

Ed is great, and add Harley Yee, Comic Collectors Shop, Dan from Comics Cellar, Greg White there's a great base for Gold/Silver/Bronze/Copper. There's always a slew of modern dealers that should be bringing out their gems as well.

Happy Hunting!

Groupon and other 3rd party ticket sellers usually end several weeks if not longer before the conventions. Those tickets are limited and once they are sold out, there are no more at those prices.

that said, general admission tickets and VIP Packages are still available from the box office, and for wall up sales.

http://www.amazingarizonacomiccon.com/newsite/registration/

looks like I'll be there...wish I knew if they on site graded magazines as well as comics?

hate to waste time hauling a few uber high grade graphic novels with me.

Soccer Tourney, Comiccon, etc...should be a fun few days.

looks like I'll be there...wish I knew if they on site graded magazines as well as comics?

There's no onsite grading at this show, according to the CGC website. They will witness and take submissions, but they'll get mailed to you.

There's no onsite grading at this show, according to the CGC website. They will witness and take submissions, but they'll get mailed to you.

Thanks

I feel better now not brining anything and now its all about the hunt. Should be fun. Pm me any boardies that want to say hi there

Thanks

I feel better now not brining anything and now its all about the hunt. Should be fun. Pm me any boardies that want to say hi there

I'll be there as well

Thanks

I'll be there as well

Saw you :headbang: